Lighting

Callum Rodgers

Reaction score
Does lighting effect how well the camera focuses and does anyone have any tips for making top quality videos?

AverageShane

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Lighting is key, you want your viewers to be able to see you clearly. I've noticed this with my videos, I don't even want to watch a video with blackness around them! You can pick up cheap lighting anywhere, I've seen on Ebay you can get Photography lights for £15, but they're from China.

Reactions: jak6jak

THE WHOLE SHEBANG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Lighting can make or break your video sometimes. Look up "3-point lighting" on youtube. And, make sure your audio quality is just as good, if not better. Ppl will watch a clip with bad video, if the audio is good. But, vice versa, they won't.

Bossman1113

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
Lighting is very important, just think of it as this: if you sat down to watch a new video of some random person, and they were poorly lit or their video was dark, would you continue watching or would you leave the video in search for something better.

That's how I always decide if my video is good. "Would I watch this? Would I give this video the time of day? Would I find this funny?" Make sure it's something YOU would enjoy before uploading it to YouTube.

TylorSkory

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
We picked up the cowboy studio lighting kit from Amazon. It's $60 and comes with three lights and 2 umbrellas. It makes a HUGE difference. It helps add more color and depth and clarity to your shots. When we don't use them sometimes in our videos (because we get lazy and don't want to set them up) you can REALLY tell the difference. If you are honestly hoping to get a high quality look for your videos, you definitely need to invest in some lights (and they don't have to be expensive. We've used lamps from around the house). As an example, in our latest video, we were filming in a bathroom that had only two small lights near the mirror and it was too dark to see everyone in the bathtub. So, we setup one of our lights and it lit the entire bathroom and it looked great. Hope that helps!