Lighting Question!

ConnorYTblogger

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi Guys,

Im setting up a vlogging channel, obviously as i will be recording myself lighting is a big factor.

As im starting out, im looking for a cheap form of lighting that i can use! Ive looked at adhesive LED lights on ebay that could be a good start however im sure there are some better options!

Could you advise me?

Thanks!

Cvolton

I've Got It
Reaction score
I'm currently using a LED light bulb, which I bought for $2, in a normal lamp you put on a desk and it's good enough for me, but it'll probably not work out that well for you, because the white light is too strong to look at

Isaiah Rahe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you want a really good at of led light these are fairly cheep NEEWER® 160 LED CN-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Panel you can find these on Amazon for thirty dollars.
But in my videos I just you a desk lamp with a Florescent bulb in it

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I got a soft box on Amazon for pretty cheap and it has worked great for me! I really recommend it! Also you could try a macro light ring (depending on what kind of camera you have) I have one that I use sometimes and it also is great! :)

Cly_Faker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you're talking about the 5 meter spool of adhesive LEDs, I recently bought one of those and I'm mounting them inside of a DIY softbox housing (aka a spray painted baking pan with added mounts). I went with the 120 LEDs per meter variety, and they put out a lot of light. I just need to add a diffusion film and it should be good to go while being dirt cheap.