BarbMollyTV

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello! I am currently struggling with the lack of good lighting in my videos. I would really appreciate it if some of you would list some of the lighting sources that you guys use. I have been looking into Ring Lights or the LED Light Panels but I have found that a lot of the times they're pretty expensive and come without stands.

Thank you in advance for your advice :)

Lrulesok

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use neewer lights about £40 on amazon and they are pretty good

Zachary Thomas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
Honestly right now I just use two desk lamps and they work fine. However I've been looking into ring lights because they seem to give a good amount and a nice effect when positioned right.

waveffects

Reaction score
I think the only problem with ring lights is that when your doing a video where your just sitting down talking, if the ring light is right in front of you, it does look weird when people look into your eyes. But this does not matter in the slightest, heck, it isn't even a problem! Just thought I would put this out there.

ring lights.png

GameGoofs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I found using reflection panels and two front lights tend to give the conditions i want.
Might be useful not to change the tactic just add more reflective property's in the correct areas.
We used to be able to use two desk laps with reflection panels behind them and it worked not perfect but damn near it.

Zachary Thomas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
I think the only problem with ring lights is that when your doing a video where your just sitting down talking, if the ring light is right in front of you, it does look weird when people look into your eyes. But this does not matter in the slightest, heck, it isn't even a problem! Just thought I would put this out there.

View attachment 35727
Hey! Ryan! Haha, he's actually the first person I ever saw using one and it was really cool, then I saw one of my friends using one and thought it really added a good effect.