Lightening

veronica33067

I've Got It
Hey guys :)

I moved a few months ago into a studio. I only have one window which is my only source for letting in natural light. Unfortunately, my studio is located near the front entrance of the apartment complex which means cars are constantly driving by. :meh2: If you've seen my last video, which you probably haven't because I never posted on here. Anyhow. The lightening in my last video is horrible. :eeks: I think I used my lamp stand as the source of light. However, the lamp light made my video look orange. Do you guys have any ideas on how I can get better lightening in my studio? Could I maybe buy a certain pair of light bulbs? The bulbs I have now aren't as bright white as I would like. They have more of a warm tone which would explain the orange coloring in my previous video.

Eventually, I'm going to start shooting my videos in a green screen studio room which is already pre-lit. However, I have to take an asssement before I can gain acess to the studio. In the meantime, I still want to keep shooting my monologues which are currently being filmed in my one window studio. :confused:

There are no ordinary bulbs that you can buy in regular stores that will do. Honestly, you will mess around for ages and get no results.. You need to do it properly. You need to go online and buy x2 soft boxes on stands. They are not expensive. Maybe only $50-60 for a budget set of soft boxes. And they come with very bright bulbs. Approx 80w of low energy (compact fluorescent)bulbs- which is the equivalent to about 800W each of old fashion incandescent bulbs.. they are giant sized bulbs about twice the size you buy in store. It will be the best purchase you can make for your youtube channel. Your videos will be less grainy and appear crisp & sharp afterwards even if your filming from your mobile phone -means you don't need to shell out on an expensive dslr camera either.

if you dont want to spend money to get the lights you can have day light i mean sun light to get the recording or in the night can use flash lite to use or still not then u can use Led light and cover it with tissue paper and that can give a soft light on what your recording

Back when i was doing vlogs in my office i bought 2 or 3 fluorescent photography lights from Amazon (around $10-$20 each, i think) and then went to Home Depot and got some ‘garage lamps’ which are very cheap lights with large lightweight reflective hoods that clamp to anything.. Put the photography lights in the reflective hoods and BAM, cheap studio lights that I can attach to/hang on anything.

Back