Let's Talk Beauty & Fashion Networks (and 3rd Party)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger
Hello out there!

This post is for all the beauty/fashion/hair/style youtubers out there. And for all the single people out there, I dedicate this slow jam for you. LOL. ^_^

My old channel that I closed down used to be part of PopSugar's third party network (PopSugar is part of Fullscreen). I also know that StyleHaul is part of Machinima(?). I still get emails from Fullscreen for my old channel and they've announced that they have another Beauty network called Beautique. Have any of you heard of Beautique before? What is the difference between the two (PopSugar and Beautique)? Are the both 3rd party networks since they are both part of Fullscreen?

I am reconsidering partnering up my new channel (this channel) with a network. But I am not sure if it is worth it or if I want to stay "indie" with this channel.

I've read that it's better to go straight to the partner network than to go with a third party. Basically when you go with a third party, you get less "commission" for your videos since you have to split your earnings not only with one network but two (the network and the third party company). However, I do like the idea that these external networks could possibly help you out with networking and getting "featured". Is that true? I was never able to tell with my prior partnership.

What are your thoughts out there? I apologize for being all over the place. Feel free to reply to any aspect of my post.

Thank you! xoxo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger
lol! get ready to look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO goood

(old reference to teen girl squad / homestar runner) :-P

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can't give you much advise sorry :p but StyleHaul isn't under Machinima. StyleHaul is another authorized MCN (Multi-Channel Network) on YouTube.

YourDailyLaughz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My old channel that I closed down used to be part of PopSugar's third party network (PopSugar is part of Fullscreen). I also know that StyleHaul is part of Machinima(?). I still get emails from Fullscreen for my old channel and they've announced that they have another Beauty network called Beautique. Have any of you heard of Beautique before? What is the difference between the two (PopSugar and Beautique)? Are the both 3rd party networks since they are both part of Fullscreen?

I've read that it's better to go straight to the partner network than to go with a third party. Basically when you go with a third party, you get less "commission" for your videos since you have to split your earnings not only with one network but two (the network and the third party company). However, I do like the idea that these external networks could possibly help you out with networking and getting "featured". Is that true? I was never able to tell with my prior partnership.
I'm not sure what the difference between PopSugar and Beautique are, but since they are both with Fullscreen, I assume they're similar in pay-rates, etc.

It's true, when you join a network you have to split a share of your earnings to the network. However, networks can often-times deliver higher paying advertisements on your videos, which would generate you as much-or more- money than you would receive through regular YouTube Partnership. Feel out your options, and see what those two networks will do to help promote your content and bring you to a new level.

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Since when is style haul under machinima.... Machinima has no content aggregators...

Stylehaul is independent , they paid for their CMS, it`s theirs :)

unknown_userr433436365

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
You don't pay for CMS'... lol.
yes you do... if you can`t content aggregate for someone, you have to buy one,
The original method was you had to be partnered directly by YouTube and then get access to content management and a MCN,
If you want one now you have to pay...

YourDailyLaughz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yes you do... if you can`t content aggregate for someone, you have to buy one,
The original method was you had to be partnered directly by YouTube and then get access to content management and a MCN,
If you want one now you have to pay...
100% false. I've always wonder where this misinformation started.. obviously it spreads like this.

In order to run your own CMS, you have to have either a contact directly within Google/YouTube who will work with your company to create your own CMS or you have to have such an established company that Google/YouTube reaches out to you to start your own company-themed CMS.

unknown_userr433436365

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
100% false. I've always wonder where this misinformation started.. obviously it spreads like this.

In order to run your own CMS, you have to have either a contact directly within Google/YouTube who will work with your company to create your own CMS or you have to have such an established company that Google/YouTube reaches out to you to start your own company-themed CMS.
Fullscreen bought theirs :p