Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hello fellow Youtubers! :happy:

For some time now I have been trying to figure out a good way to gather people to actually have a look at my channel/content! I've been trying to spread my videos in facebook groups, sadly most of the time you get hit by that "SUB4SUB" and as most of us know sub4sub doesn't work in the long run.
I would rather want to take my time to honestly try and find a loyal group of subscribers that i can connect with instead of having dead subs!
I have also been trying to reach out to people directly, trying to talk to them and actually give them a side of myself and what I do. So far, that has been my best move but it takes time to personally reach out to each and one of them.

So, guys I thought it would be a great idea that we could share each others ways to gather subscribers/veiwers?
What works for you and what ways would you recommend?

Let's talk about that! :up2:

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Friends have big mouths as much as i can tell my real life friends gained me most of the subscribers i have now but google+ sharing also works for views and reddit but risky and twitter (especially twitter if you use correct tags)

Steggs101

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Friends have big mouths as much as i can tell my real life friends gained me most of the subscribers i have now but google+ sharing also works for views and reddit but risky and twitter (especially twitter if you use correct tags)
All of the above! Reddit's risky, just be polite and stick to the rules of the subreddit, I've never had a sub from reddit, only a boost in views, but I think the boost in views helped get it recommended to more people, as the next day I got more subs (no hard evidence of that, just my theory).

I'm trying out a kind of "gateway" video tomorrow, involving wax strips and my leg (playing a game called True or False 2), I have no idea if it'll work out, but it'll be the only video I put on Facebook to my friends for now, in the hope they find it funny enough to share.

Could try out a gateway video of some sort which suits your channel, and get your mates to share it.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Alright, I will give Twitter and Reddit a try!
Thanks alot for the advice guys!
Let's keep updating the thread in case new ways pop up!
Hope you all are having an amazing day! :)

Dbrothers Gaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Same advice from me, find out where the people who will watch your content hang out. If thats twitter, facebook, reddit, pintrist... whatever it is use it to your advantage. Don't just spam your videos. Really involve yourself in the community, make good comments and interact with the people there. They will find their way to videos.
As an added comment I haven't actually had anyone come over from twitter yet however I have had quite a few come from reddit. My channel is only a week old and my twitter only a day old so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Right! If I figure out something that works for me I will keep you guys updated about it!
Thanks for the advice man! All the best! :)

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello fellow Youtubers! :happy:

For some time now I have been trying to figure out a good way to gather people to actually have a look at my channel/content! I've been trying to spread my videos in facebook groups, sadly most of the time you get hit by that "SUB4SUB" and as most of us know sub4sub doesn't work in the long run.
I would rather want to take my time to honestly try and find a loyal group of subscribers that i can connect with instead of having dead subs!
I have also been trying to reach out to people directly, trying to talk to them and actually give them a side of myself and what I do. So far, that has been my best move but it takes time to personally reach out to each and one of them.

So, guys I thought it would be a great idea that we could share each others ways to gather subscribers/veiwers?
What works for you and what ways would you recommend?

Let's talk about that! :up2:
You don't need to "rally" people around to get views. If your not getting views its because:
1. Your not make a proper Title, Tags and Description
2. Your not making focused content that people are searching for
3. Your keywords are bad or misused
4. Your keywords are not targeting what the video is about, and highly searched, low competition words and phrases.

That takes care of views. You need to get views before you get subscribers. Subscribers come from having quality content and consistency.[DOUBLEPOST=1485630158,1485629995][/DOUBLEPOST]
Same advice from me, find out where the people who will watch your content hang out. If thats twitter, facebook, reddit, pintrist... whatever it is use it to your advantage. Don't just spam your videos. Really involve yourself in the community, make good comments and interact with the people there. They will find their way to videos.
As an added comment I haven't actually had anyone come over from twitter yet however I have had quite a few come from reddit. My channel is only a week old and my twitter only a day old so take what I say with a grain of salt.
This is bad advice. The day I stopped wasting energy trying to share to G+ and FB groups is the day I really started to grow. It's like being overweight and making all these excuses for why you can't exercise. Some day you will have to be honest with yourself... You really think posting to FB groups is the key to YouTube? You all put energy in the wrong places. Learn about SEO and do research into what people are searching for and fill that void! The majority of your views should not come from reddit.[DOUBLEPOST=1485630616][/DOUBLEPOST]This is why your not getting views. Your most recent video.

Tags: dvi, cable, simpleunboxingtv, affordable, fast, review, displayport, ports, discatonce, ebay, sturdy, plastic, material, color, black, hdmi, vga, computer, unboxing, cable in bag, easy to understand, quick, 2 minutes

You need to realize that when you use the word "Cable" as a keyword, your competing against everyone on YouTube in history that has used the word cable. Not likely you can compete with tags like that lol. Tags like "material", "color" tell YouTube nothing about your video... What kind of color are you talking about? Color crayons? Color of the sky? Color TV?

Tags I would consider using: dual link cable, dual link, dvi-d dual link cable, dual link cable review, dual link cable unboxing, etc...

Reactions: Steggs101
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
GamingwithNick, Thank you very much for taking your time to explain and to share your thoughts on subscribers/views.
I am happy you did, and you really made me understand something that i did not understand before.
You gave me a new way to work with and i really appreciate it.
I wish you an amazing day man! :up2::up2::up2:

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
GamingwithNick, Thank you very much for taking your time to explain and to share your thoughts on subscribers/views.
I am happy you did, and you really made me understand something that i did not understand before.
You gave me a new way to work with and i really appreciate it.
I wish you an amazing day man! :up2::up2::up2:
No problem my man! I'm here to help. I plan on hanging out to help everyone as much as I can.

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
All of the above! Reddit's risky, just be polite and stick to the rules of the subreddit, I've never had a sub from reddit, only a boost in views, but I think the boost in views helped get it recommended to more people, as the next day I got more subs (no hard evidence of that, just my theory).

I'm trying out a kind of "gateway" video tomorrow, involving wax strips and my leg (playing a game called True or False 2), I have no idea if it'll work out, but it'll be the only video I put on Facebook to my friends for now, in the hope they find it funny enough to share.

Could try out a gateway video of some sort which suits your channel, and get your mates to share it.
Yup + reddit might actually change people`s channels!i found a sub reddit that would like me to do a certain games videos and the audience on that forum is big so my channel might actually turn out to be a vlog+games+skits in coming weeks.(Funny thing is i didn't want to do game videos but seeing how KSI and PewDiePie do them i might actually try it out lol)

Reactions: Steggs101