Let's Play Channel feedback wanted :D

NervousLatte

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys! So my channel is very teeny tiny and I had abandoned it for almost two years only to pick it back up again and I just would really love some feedback!

Are my thumbnails too boring? Does my audio suck? Am I hurting myself since I don't have a webcam? Should I be inserting fancy editing?

Here's my latest video, but feedback on anything would be greatly appreciated! Thank you guys in advance :D

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
The only things I think are really hurting you, are your mic quality and your video length. If you don't want to do much editing, than having about 10 minutes of flowing commentary throughout the game can be entertaining. If you enjoy recording this way rather than the 10 minute formula though, stick to this. You should also change your name on Youtube to NervousLatte instead of NervousLatte Games, because having games or gaming at the end of your name turns some people off cuz it writes you off as too basic of a channel. And also feel free to branch out into whatever you feel like doing instead of just games

Reactions: NervousLatte

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
30 minutes is too long. Split it in to 3 parts and post them on separate dates. Otherwise you can always live stream if you want longer form media.

vMinti

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with the fellas above - you should keep it ~10 minutes.
If you want to make longer videos, indeed, think of another form, perhaps add a face cam, learn and use some basic editing tricks, animations, to make everything look more mobile(?) / NOT static

+ I really enjoyed listening to your voice. For me it looks very fitting for such commentary.
Best of luck with your content c:

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Let me break it out for you in bullet point style xD
- Like what most people say, video too long. At least 15 minutes maximum should be fine unless you have some dedicated subscribers that will watch your video no matter the length of the video.

- There nothing wrong with the mic quality so I don't know why the guy first replied thought so. Your voice is fine

- You could use a webcam to enhance the experience of the videos but it not really required.

- Everything look good so far with your thumbnails, description, titles and the about section.

Keep it up !!!

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the keeping short for you. I think you just need your face and live reactions in upper top left or right continuously throughout the video. That way its more personalised and people can connect more.
Its proven that people that vlog get viewers drop off when their face is gone and replaced with a shot of something thing like some scenery etc.. so they overcome that by keeping their face top left small box so they are still looking at and talking to you.. etc.

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
I'm not sure about the keeping short for you. I think you just need your face and live reactions in upper top left or right continuously throughout the video. That way its more personalised and people can connect more.
Its proven that people that vlog get viewers drop off when their face is gone and replaced with a shot of something thing like some scenery etc.. so they overcome that by keeping their face top left small box so they are still looking at and talking to you.. etc.
I think that facecam can kind of less personalized with your viewers in a way. Unless you are playing with somebody else next to you, I don't think you'll have that many facial reactions to most games. When most people play games, we have kinda deadpan faces, so I think it's more interesting to imagine the facial reactions when commentary's really good than just having a dulled out version of that right in front of you

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I really enjoyed it. But I agree with everyone above. 30 minutes is way too long (especially for a small YouTuber). I agree 10 minutes maybe 15 MAX. Also I think having a face cam would help a lot as well. For me personally I like watching gaming videos when I can see the person playing as well. Other than those things I think it looks and sounds very well! Your thumbnails are also all fantastic I love them all, very professional. For the audio thing I think you sound good. But if you do want to sound better you can get a good microphone kit for around $30 on Amazon. I bought a $30 kit and it came with the microphone, a shock mount, a boom arm, wind sock, and pop filter. It’s also XLR microphone as opposed to usb. I also bought a power supply and an XLR to USB adapter so in total I spent around $50 and it’s a very nice setup for the price. (Here is a link to the one I got and I got the “frequently bought together” stuff too: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XOXRTX6/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_MrJHBbY1X2MZR )

TheBiscuitFoundation

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Certainly not bad, Certainly better than average I'd say if I'm being honest. Pretty good in actual fact.

Typically for a smaller channel, shorter videos are usually better, I'd say an absolute extreme max of 25 mins but for the most part you should try to go for 10 - 18 mins.

Microphone quality is actually pretty good, not the best of course but far from bad.

I'd disagree with the previous poster (Brett) in some aspects regarding your thumbnails - they do look good BUT you typically use the same thumbnail for multiple videos and only an episode number in the corner differentiates them. Best practice is usually to have the thumbnail reflect that particular video so incorporating something that happens within that episode helps viewers quickly find a particular episode, it can also help grab peoples attention that happen to stumble on you.

Face cam would be good but isn't entirely necessary, it also depends how you feel about that.