Let me critique your channel. Yes, including gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flophead

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd really appreciate it if you checked out my channel!

richard83

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Reviewer
Hello Richard! I understand that you have become a "Review Master". Thus, I would like to have your services in gaining some knowledge and help in my channel! You can probably guess it, but my channel is in fact a gaming channel. The banner is currently a work-in-progress just because it got goofed when putting it up.

Regardless, I would enjoy your review very much so and hope you enjoy what you see! You can watch the latest stuff, the most popular, or whatever you want!

Thanks for the consideration and I appreciate what you do!
I am far from a review master lol. Just giving my humble opinion.

Yes, your banner needs to be improved like you said. Reminds me a lot of Command and Conquer which is good, shows you are a gaming channel. Your logo design is very similar with your banner. It's gonna be easily overlooked when glancing your channel.

Your video thumbnails uses a text box with a black background. It spoils the image with the unnecessary black patches, where it could feature more images of the game you are playing. Be mindful to check if the text is easily readable against the background. And your design also can be improved to be more attractive instead of repeating the same kind of designs. E.g. The Silver Life, Nukes Nukes, We Lost the Glaive.

If your video resolution can be 1080p, it will be good. Although YouTube shows 1080p, but it doesn't seem like it is. Audio quality wise, you sounded hollow and far away. Use a better mike and speak closer to the mic. As for gameplay, there isn't any intro or commentary about yourself, or what you are doing. I can't related to what you are doing in game. Video editing looks good, but it's a common type of editing that I see in other gaming channels.

Lastly, you need to interact with your viewers, commentate more, let viewers know who you are and let them know your personality.[DOUBLEPOST=1467481917,1467480860][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you do happen to have free time, I'd love a review of my channel. :D
I like your banner design, gives me a feel of sophistication. Perhaps your can do subtle touches to the black sides, like extending the background image just a little. As for logo, try to design a pic that says a lot about you. The piano keys looks too generic now and anyone can have the same profile picture as you.

For your thumbnails, the top design is nice. But using the keyboard at the bottom for all thumbnails is a little repetitive. I would suggest that if you are comfortable, show yourself playing the keyboard in the thumbnails. It would bring more variations to the design.

Audio sounds great as expected from a musician. There can be many ways to feature music on a channel. For your kind of layout, it's good for those who want to see your fingerwork if they want to practice or see how you play. Personally, when I watch a musical instrument video, I would prefer to see the musician expression when playing. Body language and facial expression tells a lot when playing music. It adds more feelings to the music being played. I think you know what I mean by that.

Other than that, post more often and play more popular music for now to be noticed.[DOUBLEPOST=1467483419][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello, it's nice when someone decides to give his honest feedback! I run a LP channel since February and currently I'm focused on indie/horror games. Lately I noticed a lowering in my visibility so maybe you can give me an honest insight?
Thanks in advance!
No problem!

Banner has a good layout which is in line with your channel content. What is the picture on the right? A moon? Can't really tell what is it. For your logo, change the design to be a little different. It's blending in with the banner and hard to tell if it's a logo or part of the banner.

Thumbnails are designed well which are also in line with the horror theme. When you are commentating, try to speak into the mic. Sometimes you will be talking away from the mic which caused you to sound softer. Sometimes you talk a little too fast and it's a little hard to catch what you were saying. At least for me, you have an accent that can be a little hard to catch up if you talk too fast. Try to speak slower and it's good you have captions enabled but captions spoils the immersion feeling.

Video quality is great and do more video montages that summarizes fun parts of your gaming videos. E.g. Indie Horror Reaction Compilation. I don't really play horror games but it's fun to watch people get jump scares lol. I mean that's what horror games is all about.

Just a thought. If you want to appeal to a broader audience, perhaps you can put in fun parts while playing so it isn't fully horror and scares. Lastly, if you aren't being noticed enough, look at your analytics and SEO. It's a reality that Let's Play is a concentrated genre, it's important to be different and takes more effort to be noticed. Look at the sub forums for SEO and tips.

Reactions: ComradeSupreme

Meghan Alex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Go ahead! I know my thumbnails are bad though, I actually improved with my newest video, I just haven't posted it yet, because I post on Sundays. :p

Samaker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Banner is really plain. You could really put more work on your branding as this is the first thing viewers will see. As for your logo, it's a little too generic, simple and forgettable in my opinion. Also, I feel your banner name and channel name should sync as well.

In starting of your Getting Back Into Terreria After 5 Years video, you are talking way too fast. I couldn't catch what you were saying. Try to speak slowly and clearly. You do not have a bad voice, you just need to practice your speech more. Sometimes, you sound like you are mumbling. Being in the gaming YouTube community, unfortunately speaking plays a very important role. You really have to practice and practice with each video uploads or watch your videos when you are done editing to see what can you improve on.

Like you said, audio quality can be improved and I don't think your videos are true 1080p 60fps. Check your video settings to be at least 1080p as gameplay footages need to have a good resolution. Lastly, be yourself and be a unique personality that differentiates you and others.
Thanks, I apprecaite the feedback! :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would love to get some feedback on my channel, no matter how harsh. I'm new to this whole let's play concept, so I'm lacking quite abit in experience.
My Layers of Fear #4 is how to my future videos are going to be like (changed the outro and some audio levels). The general idea behind my channel is to play horror games, since I've always been quite easy to scare.
Also I've come to understand that I should keep videos around 15 minutes long. Is that correct?

What I would like feedback on is:
  • Overall channel appearance (channel art,thumbnails etc.
  • My voice. Is it annoything to listen to? Speaking loud/clear enough?
  • My video titles/descriptions/editing. Is it decent enough? (Please use Layers of Fear #4 as reference)
  • Anything else you would like to add. I'd love some extra feedback! :)
I hope to hear from you
Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Last edited:

Faytal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Would really appreciate some feedback :)

Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No problem!

Banner has a good layout which is in line with your channel content. What is the picture on the right? A moon? Can't really tell what is it. For your logo, change the design to be a little different. It's blending in with the banner and hard to tell if it's a logo or part of the banner.

Thumbnails are designed well which are also in line with the horror theme. When you are commentating, try to speak into the mic. Sometimes you will be talking away from the mic which caused you to sound softer. Sometimes you talk a little too fast and it's a little hard to catch what you were saying. At least for me, you have an accent that can be a little hard to catch up if you talk too fast. Try to speak slower and it's good you have captions enabled but captions spoils the immersion feeling.

Video quality is great and do more video montages that summarizes fun parts of your gaming videos. E.g. Indie Horror Reaction Compilation. I don't really play horror games but it's fun to watch people get jump scares lol. I mean that's what horror games is all about.

Just a thought. If you want to appeal to a broader audience, perhaps you can put in fun parts while playing so it isn't fully horror and scares. Lastly, if you aren't being noticed enough, look at your analytics and SEO. It's a reality that Let's Play is a concentrated genre, it's important to be different and takes more effort to be noticed. Look at the sub forums for SEO and tips.
Thanks for everything! Anyway the picture on the right is Freddy Fazbear from Fnaf xD. I know that sometimes my voice is a bit softer, it's because my blue snowball is "crippled", I need to change the usb cable and the sound quality isn't like a real snowball ( that's why I need to get much closer to remove the distance thing).
Yeah maybe I'll do more montages, but first I need to gather more experiences, so I'll have a bigger choice.
I read almost every single SEO guide, on this forum and on google in general, and I digged my analitycs so much but I still can't get what's wrong with my SEO.

Thanks again richard!

Fee007

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How kind of you!! I am dying to have my channel reviewed!! It would be GREATLY appreciated!!:bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.