Let me critique your channel. Yes, including gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard83

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Reviewer
Been busy past 2 weeks. Will catch up from where I left off this week

Wimbus

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If your still doing this. Give me a go. Thanks and please be honest!

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Latest video of my Inside gameplay, tryng to focus more on the "walkthrough" let's play series that are longer and do small funny skits 2-3 times a week

ColorCommentary

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Richard!

If you are still doing reviews of channels I would appreciate one. I am mainly interested in comments on channel style and thumbnails. But reviews of my content is welcome as well, of course :) My channel link is displayed below my name.

KQ4rt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
That would be my honor sir!!!

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
We allowed ourselves to be judged by the whole world when we deicided to be on YouTube.

Let me, as an average user, view and be very honest about your channel. Good or bad, it will be from an honest perspective. I hope it will be of use to your channel and for yourself.

I will try to review as much as I can according to post time. As I can only review so much in a day, give me time and eventually your review request will be reached.

Let's go!
Hey, awesome that you have some time to help other YouTubers :)
I just started my channel 1 week ago, at the moment I have 151 subscribers and 2 video's.
So yeah I would say just check it out and maybe you can give some feedback.

richard83

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Reviewer
I am a soccer editor on youtube. I started yesterday and my first video is up, i am currently uploading my second. I want to build some support and also help the people supporting me. Let me know what you think of my video and I will also rate your content :).
Thanks
2 weeks have past and you have already uploaded 19 more videos. Consistency is the key and continue uploading content on a regular basis.

Banner explains what your channel is about very clearly but I would suggest changing the fonts of the channel title to something more readable as the '7' doesn't look like 7 to me. I would suggest making your channel name and logo name to be same for consistency.

For the thumbnails, be sure to choose fonts that are readable. Some of the text appear too close to each other. Content wise are highlights of soccer clips but check out what copyrighted material are there in case anybody claim a copyright against you. Continue uploading and try different ways to create videos so every video appears fresh.[DOUBLEPOST=1468651835,1468651124][/DOUBLEPOST]
can you help me out with some critique?
Nice banner design with the subtle background image. The logo looks dull in comparison with the banner, maybe you can touch that up a little.

For your last video, when you start talking quite loudly, I could hear the microphone hissing sound. Try to get a better mic as voice is important for gaming videos. Your video resolution doesn't appear to be 1080p and 60 fps. Fix the resolution as it is also important to have great video quality.

So far I feel your commentary is good and it sounds natural. In one of your videos, you mentioned that you are not very good at live gaming commentary (I hope I am not mistaken). Go ahead and try it out, I feel you can pull this off and just practice more often to improve on this area.[DOUBLEPOST=1468652752][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would love it if you could give me a review. Want to get more into it over the summer period and it's nice to know where I can improve one :)
In your channel trailer, I feel you are speaking too fast and it's hard to catch what you were saying. Banner wise is good and the logo is clear without blending with the background.

Personally, I feel your intro is a little too long, it's almost 10 secs. Try to keep to short and sweet as people tend to have short attention span I think. You need to talk a little louder as well and get a better microphone so viewers can hear you clearly. In your "I've got a NEW Job????? - #7 MINETOPIA REAL LIFE MINECRAFT" video, you created some animation which displays your social media stuff. To be honest, that didn't go really well. I feel you should showcase the videos and then at the end, ask people to check out your social media and subscribe. Personally I would want to check out the content first before actually deciding to subscribe.

If possible, get your videos to a resolution of 1080p. It doesn't seem like it is as it looks quite pix-elated in the MotoGP videos. Try to sound more enthusiastic and enjoy the game. Personality is important and it's what sets you apart from other gaming YouTubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.