Let me critique your channel. Yes, including gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard83

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Reviewer
We allowed ourselves to be judged by the whole world when we deicided to be on YouTube.

Let me, as an average user, view and be very honest about your channel. Good or bad, it will be from an honest perspective. I hope it will be of use to your channel and for yourself.

I will try to review as much as I can according to post time. As I can only review so much in a day, give me time and eventually your review request will be reached.

Let's go!

Last edited:

richard83

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Reviewer
First impression is that your banner feels complicated. I'm looking at some game consoles, Apple and windows logo and programming languages. Does it mean it's about gaming? Or programming tutorials? I feel the banner needs to be more precise and shows what your channel is about.

The background music for your latest video is really loud. I can barely make out what were you saying. You can probably reduce the volume a little while you are talking and when you are letting viewers see your gameplay without commenting, then increase the volume.

For your Click mouse video, your voice is clear and has good sound quality. I like how the sequence is for your tutorials but once again the background music is too loud for some parts. For sound testing, probably you can show viewers that you are clicking the mouse, while holding it close to the microphone.

I see also that you are not using your intros and outros anymore. The video slide in bar is a good option and is less intrusive then intros.

You should upload more as well, as 'how to' videos tend to be more popular.

Reactions: newage

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Very helpful stuff. I never thought of my banner being too complicated, but I think you're right. I just now watched my last video on my work PC and my voice is completely drowned out. At home where I edit my videos I have a surround sound setup and it must separate my audio differently.

What's your opinion on the whole slide bar thing instead of intro/outro?

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have a new video out now with better audio - youtube.com/watch?v=-iTAJfBlSWc
Changed my banner to fit my category better.

Eyezak

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Mind reviewing me? Would be appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.