Let me borrow your eyes for a moment - does my end screen capture your attention?

Curiosity Ridge

I make Videos
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Hey friends, I recently created an end screen animation for my videos! It appears in a minority of my content, and I would like your opinion on it!

The transitions, style etc. What can I improve on?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it looks nice...How did you make it? Videoscribe? I use videoscribe for my videos and it is a nice way to create endscreens that are kind of dynamic

Curiosity Ridge

I make Videos
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I use filmora as my video editing software and use two transitions for each part of the end animation. I'll have to look into actually creating something I can just overlay on my video

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
It looks great, and I love the way it leads in naturally from the rest of the video.

I've seen a lot of channels recently move to putting end screens earlier on in the content, IE., when they're still talking or onscreen, and they actually callout the videos to draw attention to them. I think they probably get more engagement this way. Figures that trend emerges as I finally get actual designed end screens up and running. With your channel being narration based, it would be easy, though, to experiment with putting them closer to the end of your narration. I have to admit, I love the narrative flow the way it is, though.

I love your channel, by the way - each time I see one of your videos it pulls me right in.

Reactions: Curiosity Ridge

Curiosity Ridge

I make Videos
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Thanks for the suggestion friend! I agree that closing while talking about a video that will show up on the end screen is a great idea to encourage binge watching! I will be sure to implement that in later content.and I'm glad you like content I make :)

Last edited:

F[VI]E GUYS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It looks great, and I love the way it leads in naturally from the rest of the video.
I agree! It does flow naturally with the rest of the video, and I really enjoyed this video! The only possible problem I see is retention. Do you have any statistics on the retention rate near the end of the video? I'm only asking because the voice over stopped at about 1:40. In my experience, when the voice over has stopped for more than 10 seconds, I leave. Are viewers making it to the end? If so, then I think you are all good, if not, I would suggest moving the outro sooner.

Reactions: videoeditgr

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey friends, I recently created an end screen animation for my videos! It appears in a minority of my content, and I would like your opinion on it!

Yeah that looks great definitely eye-catching love the music you put over to you are definitely skilled in this department well there looks like there's nothing to be improved on with this end Screen keep it it looks amazing and it should work out very well for you I think it's the best sunscreen I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of end screens on YouTube keep going you're doing a great job[DOUBLEPOST=1525278697,1525278681][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah that looks great definitely eye-catching love the music you put over to you are definitely skilled in this department well there looks like there's nothing to be improved on with this end Screen keep it it looks amazing and it should work out very well for you I think it's the best sunscreen I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of end screens on YouTube keep going you're doing a great job

Rubie

Reaction score
Okay, first off i believe that this is not only very educational, but also pretty enjoyable to watch for people that are actually interested in the subject. One thing I would recommend is changing the thumbnail. Although it seems okay after watching the vid, It is not the most eye catching. One tip that I have received was to not use the colors black red black or white as the main colors of my thumbnails. This is because these are yt's base colors, and using these as part of your thumbnail makes it blend in. Other colors, like green and yellow, will pop out more and catch ppl's attention. Hope that helps :)

Curiosity Ridge

I make Videos
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Okay, first off i believe that this is not only very educational, but also pretty enjoyable to watch for people that are actually interested in the subject. One thing I would recommend is changing the thumbnail. Although it seems okay after watching the vid, It is not the most eye catching. One tip that I have received was to not use the colors black red black or white as the main colors of my thumbnails. This is because these are yt's base colors, and using these as part of your thumbnail makes it blend in. Other colors, like green and yellow, will pop out more and catch ppl's attention. Hope that helps :)
Thanks for the comment! Originally I used White and reds quite often because people are hardwired to notice the colour red (my avatar icon was designed around this). But your comment has got me thinking, and I will need to do some more research for future thumbnails, Thanks!