Less Adds?

Something is going on. I also uploaded a video on saturday, 700k views and it earned $30 in ad revenue. I dont see any ads showing up on it either now, great.

It's the beginning of the quarter. The first days of April were very weak, but statistics are getting back to normal since Monday.

I am on both sides of google (pub & advertiser) hence I know roughly whats going on but here is the answer from the horse's mouth:

"We are implementing new brand safety controls that make it easier to manage where ads appear across all YouTube ad placements. We have temporarily paused auction Display Ads targeted to YouTube (GDN Overlays and Display Ads) to help us move faster on the infrastructure changes required to support brand safety changes for all formats.

We are actively working on the changes necessary to reactivate the format. We intend for this pause to be limited. We will confirm timelines as soon as possible."

This happened from the 21st March til now, and if you browse around youtube now, you would see almost zero display ads on all videos so its not only happening to you. There is no ETA on when they will put ads back on. This is related to the controversy that happened last week about the racist/extremist videos and brand safety.

Just hang in there & hope this helps!

I average 50% impressions but this has dropped to around 20% over the last weeks which sucks.
Both CTR and RPM are up though to compensate.

Have my best ever video debut this Monday with more than 50k views in the first day, in the analytics it shows it earned 7 bucks from over 70k views (usually I would expect at the very least 35 USD for this kind of views)

This is brutal, here`s hoping they are gonna fix this ASAP

Something is going on. I also uploaded a video on saturday, 700k views and it earned $30 in ad revenue. I dont see any ads showing up on it either now, great.
700k views and $30???
Man I would be so upset^^
My RPM is really good right now (Last 30 days period). 20% higher than the same time period last year.

my views and RPM have both plummeted. My youtube money is one tenth of what I was getting last month. Zero incentive to produce videos anymore.

Back