Legality of using Cartoon videos with sounds changed~

Shyam Sharma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Guys,

I wanted to know if it is legal, by which I mean I will not get a copyright claim, if I use a Cartoon video already posted by some cartoon network and then I just change the voices and then make it more unique.

Will it get copyright strikes!

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Depends on the use. If you're using it in parody, voicing over it, so on you'll be fine.

What most YouTubers do is they only show under 30 second clips. They alter the color of the video as well.

BIGGEST one is audio, make sure to somehow change the pitch or remove it all together. They have an auto-detection for it.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I wanted to know if it is legal, by which I mean I will not get a copyright claim, if I use a Cartoon video already posted by some cartoon network and then I just change the voices and then make it more unique.
Will it get copyright strikes!
Yes, by using their video unchanged, you would be violating their copyright and could easily receive a strike for doing so.

There is no “safe” amount of footage you can use and Content ID will find and flag it as soon as it’s uploaded based on just the video.

More than likely, you’ll only receive a copyright claim, they’ll monetize your video, and take any and all money earned, but understand that they have the right to give you a strike instead at any time.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If the changes to the audio significantly change the meaning of the video, then it has a good chance of being Fair Use. Look at the channel Bad Lip Reading. Also realize that getting claims or strikes doesn't mean it was illegal. The Content-ID system can't make determinations like that, and neither can anyone at YouTube. They just see if you used someone else's content, whether it would ultimately be ruled as legal or not.