Legal side of hiring people

curiousbruh

Reaction score
Some of my fans have contacted me in terms of "working" for me. Some of them are willing to do that even for free. And i´ve been looking for some helping hands on creating overlays etc. So i was just wondering if this kind of act is prohibited on YouTube. Do i have to make an agreement of some kind so i don´t end up in problems later on? Can they claim copyrights for a content they have created later on? For example graphics used in the video. Thanks! :)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Works for hire remain under the copyright of the hirer. You need to get a written document outlining the fact that the works were made for you by the artist and that after delivery they retain no rights in them; they become totally yours. This is the law; and having such documents will protect your interests should such a worker suddenly try to do a claim or a takedown against you.

Reactions: curiousbruh

curiousbruh

Reaction score
Works for hire remain under the copyright of the hirer. You need to get a written document outlining the fact that the works were made for you by the artist and that after delivery they retain no rights in them; they become totally yours. This is the law; and having such documents will protect your interests should such a worker suddenly try to do a claim or a takedown against you.
Thanks for the clarification! I searched for such contracts and found multiple "Work for hire" templates. I'll use one of them. I suppose these agreements can also be applied in circumstances where the artist is willing to provide his services out of his free will?