Leafyishere H3H3 production feud?

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So H3H3 productions made a video about Leafyishere pretty much saying that his channel is clickbait cancer.

Which it is.

Every title he has is pretty garbage.
Heres an image.

upload_2016-3-20_19-8-12.png

In one of his videos he makes fun of a kid that mostly made positive videos.
I mean they were a bit cringy but whatever.

The issue was that the kid is actually autistic. So now Leafy made fun of an autistic kid.

Which is messed up don't get me wrong.

He should apologize to the person and really consider making his channel less around bullying people.

I get that. Some people can't handle the heat.

BUT here is when I just can't handle most people on youtube.

This is the tweet by h3h3 showing the new video
upload_2016-3-20_19-11-33.png

Then here are some of the comments from other bigger YouTubers

upload_2016-3-20_19-13-5.png

upload_2016-3-20_19-13-32.png

I don't get it. NOW it's an issue when the guy POSTS REGULARLY bashing kids on his channel.

NOW ITS A BIG DEAL

NOW EVERYONE IS SAYING "WOW ETHAN YOU ARE DOING GODS WORK I WAS ABOUT TO DO THE SAME ABOUT TIME LOL"

It's sickening how quickly people join together.

These guys were FOLLOWING leafy on twitter just yesterday but now that someone calls him out EVERYONE joins in on the fun.

I'm not saying what leafy did was right. It's messed up.

but in my honest opinion nobody would have said ANYTHING if it wasn't for H3H3 productions.

now that he did they are all hoping on the bandwagon like mindless drones.

I don't really care about social s**t but this time I realized how garbage most of YouTube is.

Promice

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I had no idea this had happened but thanks for posting this. I am a huge leafy fan and while I will still watch his videos I feel like leafy should at least apologize. It is going to be interesting if H3H3 ever screw up in a similar matter see if the people on YouTube do the same thing they are now doing to leafy.

Cabbage Hunters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know that i've personally been on the fence about Leafy for a long time on whether or not how we was running his channel was really ethical, and I think h3h3's video pushed me over the edge as it did for a couple other people, hence why this is only an issue right now.
Is it right that its gone untalked about for so long? No, but with this kind of thing it takes a couple of pieces falling in place perfectly to start the domino chain.
In this case it was Leafy making fun of an autisitc kid, that kid making a response video, and then that response video completely blowing up on reddit.

I watch Leafy's videos too, and I don't think hes a bad guy, but he needs to understand his fan base. With how many subs he has and the kind of attention he can bring to anything he reviews, he needs to take responsibility when hes targeting someone.

Also its worth noting that Leafy has taken down the video in question and responded on twitter -
https://twitter.com/LeafyIsHere
He says that he didn't realize the kid was autisitc, saw that tosh.0 had done something similar and thought it was okay, and that he'll be making a video tomorrow addressing the whole situation.
Do what you will with that information.

Last edited:

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know much about leafy other than that he's a pretty big YouTube personality and makes fun of people, really haven't seen any of his videos. I ABSOLUTELY love h3h3 though and can't wait to watch that video haha. Sounds like Leafy got into some pretty serious stuff

Brimfor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
this is a massive subject at the moment and my view may not be respected but here is my opinion -

Leafy is a channel for roasting which can be viewed as bullying but it should not have taken someone who is autistic to say this just because he is autistic doesn't make the bigger difference when making a video.

I do believe in the bigger picture that leafy did not realise he was autistic and i personally believe that no one should ever roast anyone because of learning difficulties its difficult and i understand that after working with people with difficulties.

overall i think that just because the person has learning difficulties he shouldnt be treated differently but he should have never got roasted overall the videos leafy makes are videos roasting people like kids on vine which personally i dont respect at all the stuff they do takes no skill (thats an example) but as soon as he makes a video knowing that the person has learning difficulties thats a totally different story.

Leafy is a cancer of youtube but I do think he didnt know the guy had autism i feel like if he did he may have had more respect for the youtuber or atleast i hope so anyway.

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
H3H3 complains about the click bait but the whole video set up he has created is click bait. It is ridiculous. All he is doing is using his friends fame to get himself famous. Everyone at the moment is jealous of Leafys growth, whether you like his videos or not (I mean I don't blame them, it is ridiculous), and they are piggy backing by stirring up a hate campaign against him. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Leafy didn't know he was autistic, but Leafys videos have become repetitive and cringy recently and it probably did need to stop, but that is something you say to him personally if you are truelly a friend, not over Youtube and Twitter. Who needs enemies?

Reactions: Lightsen

Cabbage Hunters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
H3H3 complains about the click bait but the whole video set up he has created is click bait. It is ridiculous. All he is doing is using his friends fame to get himself famous. Everyone at the moment is jealous of Leafys growth, whether you like his videos or not (I mean I don't blame them, it is ridiculous), and they are piggy backing by stirring up a hate campaign against him. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Leafy didn't know he was autistic, but Leafys videos have become repetitive and cringy recently and it probably did need to stop, but that is something you say to him personally if you are truelly a friend, not over Youtube and Twitter. Who needs enemies?
How do you figure?
Just because its a current issue right now, he's not allowed to talk about it? And if he does, its clickbait? He took an issue that bothered him, and responded to it - I don't really see the issue with that, or how that means hes trying to get himself famous, when he already is. Its not a hate compaign hes trying to stir up, he just was the first to speak about how cancerous Leafy's content has been getting.

stark

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
H3H3 complains about the click bait but the whole video set up he has created is click bait. It is ridiculous.
It's more fair to say that a lot of what he's known for is reacting, pointing out and making fun of cases of cynical exploitation, hypocrisy and sensationalist reporting. And increasingly it seems, drama. He makes a living not from doing these things, but from pointing them out. I don't think h3h3 really does clickbait, but he is walking on eggshells when it comes to drama imo.

All he is doing is using his friends fame to get himself famous.
I disagree, he is already well known in his own right. I didn't know who leafy was until a few weeks ago when his videos started getting to suggested to me (which I didn't view due to clickbait titles).

Who needs enemies?
Well, the people who profit from it. Drama is a commodity that can be exploited just like anything else people have an interest in. Which is why I think he's in a very grey area when he does things that potentially create their own drama. If he is cynically generating drama for profit (and I'm not saying he is), it's ironic given the subject of his videos.

WilliamRayWalters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Leafy is a channel for roasting which can be viewed as bullying
Anyone who builds a channel or earns a living by making fun of other people is a douchebag. You want to make fun of various groups of people? That's fine, good comedians do it all the time and usually in a funny way. You want to make fun of someone who is a jerk or treats people the wrong way? Hypocritical, but I still have no problem with it...kind of like a hacker who only hacks against other hackers. When you target completely innocent people and insult them simply for being who they are then you are a douchebag. Anyone who defends a guy like this should check their own morality and reevaluate how they look at things.[DOUBLEPOST=1458581190,1458580807][/DOUBLEPOST]
Leafy didn't know he was autistic
Just like Keemstar didn't know that that old guy wasn't a pedophile. If you're going to make a living being an a-hole and making fun of people purely for the sake of making fun of them (and for money, of course), then the least you can do is do the very minimum bit of research on the people you are making fun of to make sure there is nothing important you need to know about them.

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
How do you figure?
Just because its a current issue right now, he's not allowed to talk about it? And if he does, its clickbait? He took an issue that bothered him, and responded to it - I don't really see the issue with that, or how that means hes trying to get himself famous, when he already is. Its not a hate compaign hes trying to stir up, he just was the first to speak about how cancerous Leafy's content has been getting.
He set it up in a very click baity way. Capital very simplistic making sure it showed up on any Leafy search. He is meant to be a friend, which he says numerous times in the video, so yeah he should not cross that line. If I think my friend is acting out I wouldn't make it a huge deal across many social media outlets, even at my size never mind over 1million subs.

To both of you saying he is famous, yeah he is, but Leafy is growing at a ridiculous rate at the moment and everyone knows it. He obviously wants to be a part of that hype train. He even outlines the near 450,000 subs that Leafy has gained this last month in the video. Leafy is the in thing on Youtube at the moment, whether you agree with it or not and with or without this whole drama and all this is is a desperate attempt at being part of that hype train.

Reactions: Lightsen