Latest Video..!

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey guys :)

So I just uploaded our latest video a few hours ago. Would just like some really strict reviews and criticisms so that we can improve! :) Also I have a question about how you guys do your featured video on your channel? I keep one of our first videos as the featured one because it portrays and describes our purpose of our channel, I have noticed others use their latest videos as their featured one. Which is best?

One thing I have noticed about my last video is the cutting is not the best because they move quite a lot... Is it bad or should they move less?

Thank you in advance :D

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Alright so you want me to be in critic mode eh? I can do dat haha. First thing's first, in your description you say this is a "hilarious commentary" that raises the expectation and puts the viewer in the mindset of "oh ok, this is going to make me laugh" then they prepare for hilarity, and if they are a sadist, they are preparing to not laugh just to prove your statement wrong. If you just say "here's some commentary about evolution from the quirky minds of (your name) then there is no expectation and they are more likely to just be caught off guard by the humor, so that's suggestion one.

Second observation, calling it "black and white" and then showing the white guy in a black shirt with a white tie, and the black guy wearing the exact opposite? BRILLIANT, LOVE IT.

This is strange, I can't pinpoint why I'm not getting this. I THINK I'm understand what you're saying, but at the same time I'm kind of lost as to what's going on... like you were talking about how black men need to go to the mountain to become men and white men just reach an age and they're men, (which I didn't understand like... I don't see that in society, maybe my own ignorance is making it harder) then you abruptly switched to evolution and I couldn't make heads or tails of what you were talking about, was that a joke that men's members have been getting smaller through the ages? Once again, not sure where you were going with the joke.

The first couple of random scenes where black dude jumps white dude, they were so random they got me to giggle, however in reality they didn't make any sense. Why'd he jump on him? I didn't recall there being a set up for that. Then you pretend the guy knocks the other guy out and then speaks for him, this was a funny idea, he was saying he was "gay" and stuff, and I probably would have enjoyed it more if I was already laughing from the rest of the video, but since it didn't make much sense to me even though I GOT that joke, it still didn't strike me as all that funny.

I'd watch you just because you two have great energy about you, but as far as me getting any of the jokes or loling or anything like that, it just went right over my head. Sorry man.

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Alright so you want me to be in critic mode eh? I can do dat haha. First thing's first, in your description you say this is a "hilarious commentary" that raises the expectation and puts the viewer in the mindset of "oh ok, this is going to make me laugh" then they prepare for hilarity, and if they are a sadist, they are preparing to not laugh just to prove your statement wrong. If you just say "here's some commentary about evolution from the quirky minds of (your name) then there is no expectation and they are more likely to just be caught off guard by the humor, so that's suggestion one.

Second observation, calling it "black and white" and then showing the white guy in a black shirt with a white tie, and the black guy wearing the exact opposite? BRILLIANT, LOVE IT.

This is strange, I can't pinpoint why I'm not getting this. I THINK I'm understand what you're saying, but at the same time I'm kind of lost as to what's going on... like you were talking about how black men need to go to the mountain to become men and white men just reach an age and they're men, (which I didn't understand like... I don't see that in society, maybe my own ignorance is making it harder) then you abruptly switched to evolution and I couldn't make heads or tails of what you were talking about, was that a joke that men's members have been getting smaller through the ages? Once again, not sure where you were going with the joke.

The first couple of random scenes where black dude jumps white dude, they were so random they got me to giggle, however in reality they didn't make any sense. Why'd he jump on him? I didn't recall there being a set up for that. Then you pretend the guy knocks the other guy out and then speaks for him, this was a funny idea, he was saying he was "gay" and stuff, and I probably would have enjoyed it more if I was already laughing from the rest of the video, but since it didn't make much sense to me even though I GOT that joke, it still didn't strike me as all that funny.

I'd watch you just because you two have great energy about you, but as far as me getting any of the jokes or loling or anything like that, it just went right over my head. Sorry man.
Haha critic mode! ^^ Nice. Yeah it makes sense about the description... will definitely change that!

What we are saying is more of a South African joke I think... It is the rite of passage for black Africans back in the day. I guess it is hard to understand if you dont know the ancient South Africa, with bush men and traditional africans.

With the random scenes of the black guy "jumping" on the white guy was meant to be more of an "attack" lol... My purpose was to show that after almost every thing the white guy said about the black guy or racist against black people, he would kind of attack and choke him. Kind of like pointing out that only black people can call each other "niggas" but as soon as a white guy does it its bad? If that makes sense at all? Like only the black guy could make racist comments but as soon as the white guy did he got choked ^^ maybe it made sense to me :p.

Hmm I understand a lot of people won't understand many of the jokes, I will look into broadening the jokes for international audiences. I don't know about any of you guys but I find those two seriously comical and funny, just their facial expressions and stuff (the white and black guy, I am not in the videos).

Thanks for the detailed review though, much appreciated! :)

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Yeah like, I like those dudes, great energy, and perhaps some of it is I'm having trouble understanding their accents? Maybe a better mic would help or something, like a condensor mic, I dunno, I was confused myself as to WHY I was confused myself LOL But yeah, I subbed, I'll keep watching for more!

Reactions: Miki von Ketelhodt

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah like, I like those dudes, great energy, and perhaps some of it is I'm having trouble understanding their accents? Maybe a better mic would help or something, like a condensor mic, I dunno, I was confused myself as to WHY I was confused myself LOL But yeah, I subbed, I'll keep watching for more!
Yeah I got that comment A LOT! Working on the accents :p... I was actually thinking I'll sit them down and do like speech therapy but in my mind its really funny imagining them trying to pronounce things xD lol. Hopefully people will get used to them but yeah will definitely get better mics :). Don't worry I totally understand what you mean :).

Thanks for subbing and watching and liking! And again, the awesome review!

Reactions: Symph

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I didnt understand many of the jokes but I did laugh a bit when he called you gay when you were knocked out. I think it is your accents why I dont understand them and possibly the delivery of them, when your friend was speaking in an English voice I could fully understand him, his words there made perfect sense to me so it much be an accent thing. You both have very strong accents that I am not used to hearing at all, it would probably be the same if you listened to mine.

I was lost too when yous mentioned the mountain thing, I do understand what you were trying to say with that one sort of although I didnt find it very funny, it might just be my taste in humour and with it not being a common thing we say or joke about where I live that that makes me not fully get it. The attack I thought was good, I didnt expect him to come up to the camera like that :D

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I'm getting the feeling that there is a cultural barrier here, and it's less about their ability to be humorous, and more about us not understanding both the way they speak, and what they are speaking of.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm getting the feeling that there is a cultural barrier here, and it's less about their ability to be humorous, and more about us not understanding both the way they speak, and what they are speaking of.
That sounds right to me too.