Not getting views - help?!

SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm starting to get this style down but still running into audio issues which I hope to fix soon.

1) My main concern is too much talking?? I'm worried people will click off at the beginning but really need your opinion on this.

2) Also, what did you think of the transitions.. cheezy? Just use cut transitions?

3) Your overall impression. Would YOU watch this? Why or why not?

4) If no, what would I need to change?

5) Thumbnails/ banner ok?

Hoping this will be my last review request as I'm honing in on this style.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: NAMI

Histor-E

Reaction score
Hello,

There may be a bit too much talking but I get that these videos are meant to be informative. Maybe incorporate more narration like your Mount Fuji video (which I thought was really cool)!

Transitions were fine, don't really see an issue but that's just me. Maybe keep it just standard jump cuts though.

I like the videos, and I would watch them. I think they are informative and show some quite beautiful areas.

Banner looks good but for the thumbnails I wouldn't put the "Landscape Photography" over the images. I'd let the images do the talking, just make sure you pick some really breathtaking ones.

Overall, you've got a solid channel man! Keep putting out quality content and I'm sure you'll begin to catch on.

If you have a second, it would mean a lot if you could check out my channel and let me know what you think. We produce educational videos on lesser known figures in the black community.

Have a great day!

SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello,

There may be a bit too much talking but I get that these videos are meant to be informative. Maybe incorporate more narration like your Mount Fuji video (which I thought was really cool)!

Transitions were fine, don't really see an issue but that's just me. Maybe keep it just standard jump cuts though.

I like the videos, and I would watch them. I think they are informative and show some quite beautiful areas.

Banner looks good but for the thumbnails I wouldn't put the "Landscape Photography" over the images. I'd let the images do the talking, just make sure you pick some really breathtaking ones.

Overall, you've got a solid channel man! Keep putting out quality content and I'm sure you'll begin to catch on.

If you have a second, it would mean a lot if you could check out my channel and let me know what you think. We produce educational videos on lesser known figures in the black community.

Have a great day!
Thank you for the review. I'll look into changing my thumbnails. If I get some free time I'll check your channel out and review it!

Dice Rollen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How you started your video was good in my opinion. You showed some beautiful imagery to start & that shows the viewer what they can expect from the video. I suppose it could be said that there was a bit too much talking before the "meat" of the video was presented. But something you could try doing is to kind of narrate over some more B roll clips to give the view visuals & still inform them about the location. Vlogging your experiences like you did while actually there is a good thing to do as well.

The cuts were a bit slideshow-esque so simple cuts would probably make it look cleaner & keep the viewer engaged in the content. Overall I'd say your style is pleasant to watch & listen to, kind of relaxing as well given the scenic element. I wouldn't say that I would watch these kinds of videos very often, but that's just because I'm more into other niches of videos. I see nothing wrong with your style/type of videos.

Your banner & thumbnails are simple but still eye catching because of hos clean & nice they look. It gives people a sense of what they can expect from your videos as well as the high quality.

Hope this helps & good luck!

Reactions: SidTV

SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
How you started your video was good in my opinion. You showed some beautiful imagery to start & that shows the viewer what they can expect from the video. I suppose it could be said that there was a bit too much talking before the "meat" of the video was presented. But something you could try doing is to kind of narrate over some more B roll clips to give the view visuals & still inform them about the location. Vlogging your experiences like you did while actually there is a good thing to do as well.

The cuts were a bit slideshow-esque so simple cuts would probably make it look cleaner & keep the viewer engaged in the content. Overall I'd say your style is pleasant to watch & listen to, kind of relaxing as well given the scenic element. I wouldn't say that I would watch these kinds of videos very often, but that's just because I'm more into other niches of videos. I see nothing wrong with your style/type of videos.

Your banner & thumbnails are simple but still eye catching because of hos clean & nice they look. It gives people a sense of what they can expect from your videos as well as the high quality.

Hope this helps & good luck!
Thank you for the thoughtful review. What do you mean more simple cuts?

Reactions: Dice Rollen

Dice Rollen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for the thoughtful review. What do you mean more simple cuts?
No problem! Just going from one scene to the next, I mean. Just a simple jump cut without effects to transition.:)

SoFloSXS

Reaction score
I'm starting to get this style down but still running into audio issues which I hope to fix soon.

1) My main concern is too much talking?? I'm worried people will click off at the beginning but really need your opinion on this.

2) Also, what did you think of the transitions.. cheezy? Just use cut transitions?

3) Your overall impression. Would YOU watch this? Why or why not?

4) If no, what would I need to change?

5) Thumbnails/ banner ok?

Hoping this will be my last review request as I'm honing in on this style.
Thanks!

Personally, I'm not sure what you are going for in the video.

Is it a how to shoot photography?
is it a video for photographers?
Is it just a channel about gorgeous photo shoots?
Is it a Vlog?

I would totally watch this video for the pictures and the video they were amazing. I know nothing about photography so all the technical talk lost me. You also had some elements of Vlog. I'm just not sure what you're trying to do.

If you're just Vlogging, I would only watch if I had a vested interest in who you were as a person. Do you live in Fuji? Why are you there? Something that makes me want to take a vested interest in you as a person.

If you're doing a how to do photography then I'd totally dumb it down cause some of us have no clue what you said or even what a filter is :/

If your aim to make a channel for photographers then I'm sure this is great if they could follow what you're talking about.

I think defining what you want to do and who your audience is could help out a lot.

SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Personally, I'm not sure what you are going for in the video.

Is it a how to shoot photography?
is it a video for photographers?
Is it just a channel about gorgeous photo shoots?
Is it a Vlog?

I would totally watch this video for the pictures and the video they were amazing. I know nothing about photography so all the technical talk lost me. You also had some elements of Vlog. I'm just not sure what you're trying to do.

If you're just Vlogging, I would only watch if I had a vested interest in who you were as a person. Do you live in Fuji? Why are you there? Something that makes me want to take a vested interest in you as a person.

If you're doing a how to do photography then I'd totally dumb it down cause some of us have no clue what you said or even what a filter is :/

If your aim to make a channel for photographers then I'm sure this is great if they could follow what you're talking about.

I think defining what you want to do and who your audience is could help out a lot.

Yes, this is pretty much only for other photographers. I just want to share, explain and talk about my experience for the process of how I get some of my photos. I will probably do some tutorials in the future. But it's definitely not for non-photographers... don't think they would find a photography vlog very interesting.

SoFloSXS

Reaction score
Yes, this is pretty much only for other photographers. I just want to share, explain and talk about my experience for the process of how I get some of my photos. I will probably do some tutorials in the future. But it's definitely not for non-photographers... don't think they would find a photography vlog very interesting.
Then I think it makes total sense, I’d also say that growing maybe a bit slow due to the fact the niche might not be the biggest.

I did show the video to my buddy who does photography and he really liked it. He did say he would of preferred voice over so he could see more shots while you were talking. But I think you’ll do great! Good luck.

Antimonous

Reaction score
So here are some answers to all your questions:

1) I like how you incorporate talking like in the Mount Fuji video and I think you should keep it but don't get carried away
2) Transitions are nice, not too much more to say about that
3) I definitely loved the Mount Fuji video, especially the drone landscape scenes and would watch more videos like this
5) Thumbnails should be bolder because the text is too small and hard to see. Make the text larger and bolder!

Overall, great channel, hope you keep making videos!