Larger Channel stole my intro.

breitempire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So title explains it.
I created a unique intro to myself and no one was doing it that i know of.
I did a video with a friend and this person knows/ follows them. this larger channel has 350k subs
shortly after doing a couple videos together this person has literally the exact same intro (signature over a clip)
not sure if to feel good that it inspired someone or mad that its a ripoff.
I know its youtube and people feed of eachother but I feel like it will take my credibility since now we use the exact same intro in the same niche.

Reactions: Fox Beat

Julia and Claire

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Personally we would be kind of upset...Maybe you should message them to figure it out.

Julia and Claire

breitempire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Personally we would be kind of upset...Maybe you should message them to figure it out.

Julia and Claire
I was talking to my friend about this person and he said leave it be.
According to him this person is a very angry irrational person who will send his subs to bully people/ channels.
I did try asking on twitter and instagram if I inspired the intro. Got no answer.
If he would of replied to the public post saying yes I would of been cool with it because he at least gave some credit.
It makes me scared to use other ideas knowing he might steal them. just hold on until them until i am a bigger channel

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i'm wondering what intro you are talking about, i looked into your videos and didn't found any.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really depends on how you feel dude.

It would think about that first. Do you feel happy cause you inspired them or do you feel this bigger channel is ******* on you?? (are you sure they ripped you off? Or could the just be inspired, or maybe there are more intros kind of like yours out there that could “inspire”)

I sure would like to see this intro and the intro this other channel made.. Do you have a link??

But if you feel you are being ripped off do like mentioned in the thread. Try to contact them (don’t expect an answer right away) But even better Make a video about it.:)

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'

Reactions: Dave2017

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't really know what you can productively do about something like that.
As you've tried to contact them on their social media about the into and got no response, they probably KNOW you know, but are still ignoring you.
You could make a video about it, but as you said they can be irrational and might send their subscribers over to hate on you, which wouldn't be good!
You could always try to message them privately, like a DM, they might just not want to say that they get inspo off you publicly, who knows
Do you have an example of the intro they stole? I'm curious to see how badly they ripped you off.

It really sucks that you feel constricted by this though, I can see what you mean about being ripped off in the future, that would be beyond annoying..

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Without seeing his intro it's tough to say whether he ripped you off or not, but given the one second flash of your signature in the video... it's kinda like Picasso accusing Van Gogh of ripping him off simply because he signed his paintings in the lower right corner... know what I mean?

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Yea! What is the intro? Is it an actual piece of video? Or just a saying like "hey guys welcome to my chan-ull" one is easier to deal with than the other