KONY 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixieBlossom

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
My thoughts regarding the whole kony video are explained in this meme

I just don't understand how blind and brainwashed a video can make us seem to be. When honestly such a thing is happening all over the world and not just in Uganda.
That meme is incredibly condensending (which is why I love it!!) which isnt entirely fair to the people who did share this video.
Most people will care about something if you tell them whats happening. "Children are being kidnapped and forced to do terrible things" is a sentance that I would HOPE you would care about. Just because they never heard about it or knew about it before they saw the KONY video dosnt mean that they arent sincere. You cant care about something you dont know about and people in North America are INCREDIBLY sheltered from the problems of the rest of the world.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That meme is incredibly condensending (which is why I love it!!) which isnt entirely fair to the people who did share this video.
Most people will care about something if you tell them whats happening. "Children are being kidnapped and forced to do terrible things" is a sentance that I would HOPE you would care about. Just because they never heard about it or knew about it before they saw the KONY video dosnt mean that they arent sincere. You cant care about something you dont know about and people in North America are INCREDIBLY sheltered from the problems of the rest of the world.
I was just about to say something very similar to that myself, you just cant care about something you arent even aware of. People will only care about things they know about, they now about this and therefore only care now they know, it seems rather stupid to expect people to care about things they were previously unaware of :rolleyes:

Reactions: PixieBlossom

Vevcom

Reaction score
one unfortunate thing is there are always people willing to capitalize on the good nature of others. I remember the recent wall street supposed "u.s. economy is collapsing" - to get bail money from the government while honest people lost homes, without being aided. Wrong, but i guess we have to live with it. Kony 2012 really creates awareness, but preys on the good side of people.

KittyTVChannel

I <3 youtube
Reaction score

This is a vlog based on the appeal for the arrest of Ugandan leader Joseph KONY! we need to all put our heads together to persuade the US government to start taking action by assisting Ugandan police to track down and arrest this man for years of crimes he has committed. I hope that you will take your time to listen to what I have to say and decided if you are willing to help us fight for these people!

Official website for the Invisible Children:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kony2012/kony_5.html

Official Appeal video for KONY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Official channel for the invisible children:
http://www.youtube.com/user/invisiblechildreninc?feature=watch

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My thoughts regarding the whole kony video are explained in this meme

I just don't understand how blind and brainwashed a video can make us seem to be. When honestly such a thing is happening all over the world and not just in Uganda.
LMFAO! God I love Gene Wilder. You can write anything on that picture and get a laugh from it.

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I agree with you about north american's being sheltered from the things happening outside of the U.S. Because I believe if they were not our whole mentality about things would be totally different. That reminds me of a quote I heard Americans wake up and say big deal and people from other countries who moved here wake up and say what a deal I'm not sure that is correct wording but its along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.