Konami Copyright Claim

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Ok, so I just uploaded a Silent Hill Let's Play, now it's not released yet, however Konami gave me a Matched 3rd Party Content.

I don't have any problem with it, and if they do it to all Silent Hill videos regardless I will Acknowledge it.

But my question is: I did leave in the intro to the game which includes about 2 Minutes of Music, anyone who has been claimed by them who had this intro in it, will removing this intro help, and will leaving out cut scenes help??

This is Silent Hill from the PS1 and the Video is not monetized and has commentary for the rest of it.[DOUBLEPOST=1398418284,1398412226][/DOUBLEPOST]Removed the intro and reuploaded but still has a Matched 3rd Party Content, so they claim it regardless, just wierd since on my old channel I done a SH2 Let's Play and it got away fine even with Monetization Enabled.

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yup it will still pick it up, and you most likely got lucky when you uploaded the second silent hill :p

Reactions: RedFox

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Wow, that's pretty damn low, claiming games from a time that YouTube didn't even exist. Does it show the time which it claims it at? Normally it shows the point of the video it's trying to claim. If it's 0:00 most likely the whole video will be claimed. I know Konami is fairly strict at times, they caused 2bfp issues with a MGS game a good while ago.

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Wow, that's pretty damn low, claiming games from a time that YouTube didn't even exist. Does it show the time which it claims it at? Normally it shows the point of the video it's trying to claim. If it's 0:00 most likely the whole video will be claimed. I know Konami is fairly strict at times, they caused 2bfp issues with a MGS game a good while ago.
My research found me that they claim the gameplay, one person uploaded different games belong to Konami without sound or cutscenes and it still got claimed.

It is pretty low given the fact the game is 15 years old and I'm not even profiting from it. I just took it down, I'm not risking them slapping a Strike on my channel. Thanks for replies.[DOUBLEPOST=1398423656,1398423613][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yup it will still pick it up, and you most likely got lucky when you uploaded the second silent hill :p
Yeah it did, it picks up at 1:15, when I'm officially in the game.

Like I said, it's weird since I done a Silent Hill 2 Let's Play on m old channel and got away with about 20 videos all about 20 minutes long with all cut scenes and music and Monetized.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
My research found me that they claim the gameplay, one person uploaded different games belong to Konami without sound or cutscenes and it still got claimed.
That's really crap, claiming gameplay is like Faber Castell trying to copyright a picture you drew using their pencils.

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's really crap, claiming gameplay is like Faber Castell trying to copyright a picture you drew using their pencils.
how is it crap? Konami made the game, they can do what they please and they have been known for being really strict when it comes to gameplays of their games.[DOUBLEPOST=1398425377,1398425093][/DOUBLEPOST]

It is pretty low given the fact the game is 15 years old and I'm not even profiting from it. I just took it down, I'm not risking them slapping a Strike on my channel. Thanks for replies.
heres the thing if it is monetized then there is a risk of it being 3rd party claimed and striked but if you're in it for just playing the game then play it, don't monetize it and if it gets claimed then just acknowledge the claim and you will be fine because Konami will get what they sadly want and what you want.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
how is it crap? Konami made the game, they can do what they please and they have been known for being really strict when it comes to gameplays of their games.
I know they've been very strict in the recent years, never known them to be strict about much older games. And as I pointed out, Faber Castell made pencils that people use, but I guess they can do whatever they please too. By that logic, the people who made the microphones we use would own the copyrights to our commentary, the people who made the cameras people used would own the copyrights to anyones facecams or vlogs, hell that logic would imply that Adobe would own all the videos people make in premiere just because Adobe made Premiere lol Gameplay requires you to play the game and use whatever has been created in your way, just the same way that a pencil was created for you to use your own way, just the same way that Microsoft Word was created for you to use in your own way, cutscenes & music (on some or most occasions for music) on the other hand I can understand as no 1 is doing anything, you're displaying something that requires 0 interaction from the player & thus is something that would be the exact same most of the time, unless you're doing a review but that's still in the devs hands when it comes to cut scenes. But as it stands copyrights is what it is, but just because it exists doesn't mean that Konami have to put claims on A) a game that barely anyone is going to buy now days and B) on gameplay, for reasons I pointed out above. They're not protecting anything by doing it. lol

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know they've been very strict in the recent years, never known them to be strict about much older games. And as I pointed out, Faber Castell made pencils that people use, but I guess they can do whatever they please too. By that logic, the people who made the microphones we use would own the copyrights to our commentary, the people who made the cameras people used would own the copyrights to anyones facecams or vlogs, hell that logic would imply that Adobe would own all the videos people make in premiere just because Adobe made Premiere lol Gameplay requires you to play the game and use whatever has been created in your way, just the same way that a pencil was created for you to use your own way, just the same way that Microsoft Word was created for you to use in your own way, cutscenes & music (on some or most occasions for music) on the other hand I can understand as no 1 is doing anything, you're displaying something that requires 0 interaction from the player & thus is something that would be the exact same most of the time, unless you're doing a review but that's still in the devs hands when it comes to cut scenes. But as it stands copyrights is what it is, but just because it exists doesn't mean that Konami have to put claims on A) a game that barely anyone is going to buy now days and B) on gameplay, for reasons I pointed out above. They're not protecting anything by doing it. lol
you're throwing two ideas that wouldn't make sense because yes you buy equipment but copyright law comes into effect when you're MAKING MONEY FROM IT such as reselling their product for more money. Of course they are not going to up and say OH you need to pay this amount of money to use one of our many pencils or microphones because you make videos. But the point is you Konami is very strict and they developed the game and when you make money from it without permission, then they have an issue with it and they can claim it because its their property and you are using it for profit. Now most companies now a days do not mind and consider it advertising for their game but like I said they are very strict and it's recommended to stay away from companies such as them.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
you're throwing two ideas that wouldn't make sense because yes you buy equipment but copyright law comes into effect when you're MAKING MONEY FROM IT such as reselling their product for more money. Of course they are not going to up and say OH you need to pay this amount of money to use one of our many pencils or microphones because you make videos. But the point is you Konami is very strict and they developed the game and when you make money from it without permission, then they have an issue with it and they can claim it because its their property and you are using it for profit. Now most companies now a days do not mind and consider it advertising for their game but like I said they are very strict and it's recommended to stay away from companies such as them.
But you're not reselling the game lol Making money from the game without permission is a whole different issue though, that's basically begging for a claim or copyright strike. But what I'm trying to say is that it's crap that they choose to claim gameplay and you're also assuming that people are making money off it too when Scob wasn't monetising it, again that's a slightly different matter but even then it's your interactions not anyone elses. I know they're strict and I always stay away from strict developers, it doesn't mean it's not crap that they choose to claim gameplay though xD If Scob uploaded without checking if Konami allow it then yeah obviously that's his own mistake.

Basically this: http://playrust.com/faq (first question/answer) is the attitude that all devs/publishers should have towards recorded gameplay footage of their games lol

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
But you're not reselling the game lol Making money from the game without permission is a whole different issue though, that's basically begging for a claim or copyright strike. But what I'm trying to say is that it's crap that they choose to claim gameplay and you're also assuming that people are making money off it too when Scob wasn't monetising it, again that's a slightly different matter but even then it's your interactions not anyone elses. I know they're strict and I always stay away from strict developers, it doesn't mean it's not crap that they choose to claim gameplay though xD If Scob uploaded without checking if Konami allow it then yeah obviously that's his own mistake.

Basically this: http://playrust.com/faq (first question/answer) is the attitude that all devs/publishers should have towards recorded gameplay footage of their games lol
The difference is though that when you buy a game, if people watch a lets play they might decide its pointless to play it cause they've already seen whats happened. However if you use a camera, or a microphone, or a pencil, nobody is going to stop buying it because they've seen it in action, while a game, like a film, might stop them from buying it when they can see it for free.

Reactions: GamingHappens