Kind of Frustrated

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you guys every edited a video uploaded it and then realized after its uploaded and public that the video is messed up? Well that happened to me with my recent 4 hour 1k sub special video that I spent quit some time working on and it took almost 24 hours to upload. Visually it does this weird rave look lol but the audio is fine. Which for my genre the audio is the important part, but some people really like it to be visually appealing as well. Not sure if I want to fix it and re-upload, because that'll put me behind on content for the next week at least. I am trying to not beat myself up about it mistakes happen, its just annoying it happened with a video that is so long and annoying to upload with my internet speed at my house.

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow. You have my sympathy. I start getting frustrated when one of my videos ends up being over 10 minutes in length..
I have some pretty long videos. My internet is not very great, because that's a downside of country living. The Internet is not a good enough reason to move though lol I don't have the money to move anyways.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes my videos looks blurry after I uploaded it but when I come back to it it looks fine and I asked other people how it looked they all said was crystal clear it turned out it was my internet connection. I still freak out about it worried that other people will come to my videos and it will look bad or something[DOUBLEPOST=1528857595,1528857261][/DOUBLEPOST]I just looked at video I’m not really sure how that could even happen, it kinda of looked like you added in those effects your self. You could pull it off as part of 1k special some weird part effect. Does look like that before you upload it? Maybe try reuploading it if it doesn’t look like before you post it. Maybe something went wrong when you exported the file to YouTube.

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I find over working can create problems or working too fast, If I'm tired I'll take longer to make sure the video comes out how I want it to.

The time i used the same outro song on 2 videos, then I went to change it and reversed the order of the outro songs on both videos. Must have been having a midlife crisis.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah, I've had mistakes pop out of the woodwork after I've uploaded a video. :S But I always schedule the video to go live the next morning, so I've always been able to delete the video and fix it. The only time I was at a loss was when ending cards first came out, and I hadn't realized I could not use both annotations AND ending cards at the same time. I had filmed a long tutorial that heavily used annotations, and it had already gone live, so I ended up having to delete the ending card part using the YouTube Video Editor they had on their site. I'm kind of sad that they discontinued that tool.. :/

If it were bothering me and I knew how to fix it, I would probably fix it and re-upload -- but that's probably just because I tend to be too hard on myself and overthink things. I've been slowly learning that things are probably "good enough" as they are. :)

As an outside viewer, I don't really find the rave colors all that distracting. It kind of gives it an "old computer or tv" vibe, which is kind of nostalgic. Slime makes me think of silly putty which makes me think of being a kid in the 90s when dialup was the coolest thing and Apple's only computer screen color was a bright lime-green. ^_^

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am trying to not beat myself up about it mistakes happen,
Try NOT to do that even though it can be hard. I think most of us know that feeling. We all make mistakes or somethings can go wrong. i uploaded a video once and it was upside down (something wrong with the format or something) It is a small thing I know cause I just reuploaded it but I was in kind of "panic" at first like WHAT THE F......:) But yes it is annoying when it happens

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes my videos looks blurry after I uploaded it but when I come back to it it looks fine and I asked other people how it looked they all said was crystal clear it turned out it was my internet connection. I still freak out about it worried that other people will come to my videos and it will look bad or somethin
If you upload a video and immediately after upload you go to watch it, it will be in low quality, because YouTube needs some time to process the higher quality versions. Even if your Internet connection speed is fine, you will see lesser quality videos. Last year, when I was uploading 4K videos, it was taking YouTube several hours to put up 4K versions of the videos, For simple HD1080p it takes less than 10 minutes.

Reactions: ASMR Amour

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Spent 16 hours editing a review and then uploaded it realising 6 hours after it had gone live that i'd forgot to fill in any of the text slides I'd put in and that one of my big sound cues wasnt isolated so the music track I was supposed to stop when the cue kicked in just ran right over it...that was 6 months ago and I still get comments about it today...

Reactions: ASMR Amour

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes my videos looks blurry after I uploaded it but when I come back to it it looks fine and I asked other people how it looked they all said was crystal clear it turned out it was my internet connection. I still freak out about it worried that other people will come to my videos and it will look bad or something[DOUBLEPOST=1528857595,1528857261][/DOUBLEPOST]I just looked at video I’m not really sure how that could even happen, it kinda of looked like you added in those effects your self. You could pull it off as part of 1k special some weird part effect. Does look like that before you upload it? Maybe try reuploading it if it doesn’t look like before you post it. Maybe something went wrong when you exported the file to YouTube.
If it wasn't such a long video I would try and fix it and reupload. It seems like the effect happened when it rendered some how. It took literally almost 24 hours to upload though, and when I upload it bogs down the internet at my house and I am not the only one who lives here so I try and be considerate