Kind of Frustrated

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeh I had same dilemma. i uploaded a video last week and can say I'm guilty of not watching it a few times first before uploading. The lighting is really bad and I'm getting flicker affect. Theres a temptation to upload asap when you have spended an eternity editing a video. Lesson learnt.. watch first. Normally I would take the video down if I don't think its good enough.. I've kept this one up though because i reviewed a product i was sent for free in return for the upload.

I would say definitely take it down if it bugs you. You can replace lost views but you can't replace people's first impressions of your content. Having personally made some videos I'm embarrassed of the content quality I tried harder in my last upload to level-up my content and ask my self would i actually watch it.

Your problem could be worse though.. Its bad sound that will get someone to not watch. Bad video is tolerable.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I find over working can create problems or working too fast, If I'm tired I'll take longer to make sure the video comes out how I want it to.

The time i used the same outro song on 2 videos, then I went to change it and reversed the order of the outro songs on both videos. Must have been having a midlife crisis.
This is true, I made an editing
If you upload a video and immediately after upload you go to watch it, it will be in low quality, because YouTube needs some time to process the higher quality versions. Even if your Internet connection speed is fine, you will see lesser quality videos. Last year, when I was uploading 4K videos, it was taking YouTube several hours to put up 4K versions of the videos, For simple HD1080p it takes less than 10 minutes.[/QUOTE my internet is really slow so the simple 1080p takes forever to upload, for a 5 minute video it takes almost all night

Reactions: Looped Fruit

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I can see how that would be frustrating. I've had a few issues with that as well. One of my stop motion videos was originally uploaded and it was messed up. I only realized about 2 days later. I reuploaded the video and it worked correctly then. So I just made the original private so I could retain all the stats and such.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Aventus

Reaction score
I like to feature timelapses from games/simulators that go along with the music I post but I've had some annoying framerate problems on a mix that took me all weekend to render. Really considered taking it down but eventually decided to just leave it up since it's the music that matters the most. Pretty sure no one will be paying complete attention to the video for an entire hour and I was probably just overexaggerating the issue.

Reactions: ASMR Amour

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Welp I am trying to figure out what went wrong. the only difference is that I used my laptop to render out the video and my newest video as well. I compaired the settings to my desktop ones and they were the same but my desktop has never done this. I bought this laptop so i could edit on the go the laptop is sort of pointless if it can't even render things out properly

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Edit your content and then watch it. Fix whatever you can fix in the workflow before you encode. After you encode watch the entire clip. Sucks if it's 20 minutes but it needs to be done. Keep a pen an paper ready. Hopefully you won't need it. But if you come across something that needs to be fixed write down the timestamp and continue watching and writing down other stuff that needs fixing (if any) until the video is over.

Open your project, and start with the highest timestamp and work your way to the beginning of the video. If you do it the other way around you will mess up the timestamps of the goofs that come after it if the fix means trimming some footage or adding some.

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Edit your content and then watch it. Fix whatever you can fix in the workflow before you encode. After you encode watch the entire clip. Sucks if it's 20 minutes but it needs to be done. Keep a pen an paper ready. Hopefully you won't need it. But if you come across something that needs to be fixed write down the timestamp and continue watching and writing down other stuff that needs fixing (if any) until the video is over.

Open your project, and start with the highest timestamp and work your way to the beginning of the video. If you do it the other way around you will mess up the timestamps of the goofs that come after it if the fix means trimming some footage or adding some.
The problem was not in my editing of it. When I watched it back in adobe it looked fine, because yes I do check over my work. The problem was when the video was rendered out it got messed up and I didnt notice because some chunks were normal and I don't go back and watch the whole thing for the millionth time once its rendered normally I expect it to be how it was in adobe. But anyways I figured out the issue with the help of adobe support there was a setting that needed to be changed in the program that I don't know why its even an option lol Glad adobe support made it super easy and they were really nice. I couldnt find any help by googling my issue.

Reactions: TheDutchTexan

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sympathy?! Empathy!! I totally know how you feel. I've literally come across times where I had to upload multiple videos over again, because of a huge, or even minor mistake. Spelling, sound being off, etc.! not to mention having to re-export videos multiple times and still figuring out after uploading that I would need to re-edit and re export it again cause of a dumb mistake!

Reactions: ASMR Amour

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sympathy?! Empathy!! I totally know how you feel. I've literally come across times where I had to upload multiple videos over again, because of a huge, or even minor mistake. Spelling, sound being off, etc.! not to mention having to re-export videos multiple times and still figuring out after uploading that I would need to re-edit and re export it again cause of a dumb mistake!
Yeah I am just glad that I figured out the problem though because ugh

Gerald Z

Reaction score
sometimes youtube itself messes up, but it's always a good idea to check the video before upload, I don't mean the whole vid, just a quick check for display quality and audio.