Kind of a Good New/Bad News situation for my channel...

bluidguy

On the bad news side, the wireless dongle for my computer has been misplaced by someone (arghhh). I am going to make an attempt at recording using my phone as I use my Bluetooth earbuds on the pc anyway, but I am skeptical.
On the good news side, it forced me to upgrade my setup so I ordered a Blue Snowball microphone. I was going to order something cheaper that did much of what it does, however I haven't done hardly any of the research needed to ensure I didn't end up with a piece of sludge.potentially worse than my current setup that just isn't cutting it.
My thoughts have been to clear out a space in the room my son doesn't hardly use and when I want to record move my tablet (10.1" touch screen) snowball mic, earbuds for monitoring and use a teleprompter on my tablet for script. It's not ideal, I could never leave this stuff in there when I was done or even walked out of the room for a minute or two, as kids will be kids; but I think it will vastly improve on my current situation which is waiting for everyone to be asleep/at work to record voice.
So Wednesday should be my first attempt, that's when my microphone should get here I am really excited to hear the quality difference and I have seen others use the audacity window in the background as they record voice I was curious how you guys feel about this?
Longer post than usual for me, I just needed to vent and I wanted to let people know why I haven't put out a video in a couple days as I have been trying to put one out around Tuesday's & Friday's. I have a video rendered, just waiting for the commentary to be recorded to upload. Honestly with kids life and everything else I would like to move to one video a week, but I see the analytics dip so far down when I do that lol.

I have been looking for good Audacity learning videos on YouTube and there don't seem to be a shortage, I have picked a few editing Tutorials out to watch in hopes that I can make it even better and not only upgrade my hardware but my game as well :).

Back