Kill Myself? Really People?

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Lift-o-logists... that was funny!

Ex Tech Editor for Hot Rod Magazine Steve Magnante spoke about readers letters in a 2013 article by saying, "...More often than not it is the vocal minority that tends to speak up. Meanwhile the silent majority pay the bills."

Same philosophy applies to videos on Youtube as it does magazines on a rack, it's content being consumed by people of all ages, dispositions and levels of maturity. The immature lack self-control and vocalize their displeasure with abandon, parroting insults they've heard in an attempt to boost their own ego.

Interestingly, I read an article once about the psychological theory that when people are insulting you, often they're saying more about themselves than they are about you. So when a member of the vocal minority posts malicious comments, what they're really telling you, is..."I'm too immature to enjoy your video".

Meanwhile the silent majority doesn't feel the need to comment because they express their enjoyment through views, likes and subs.

Reactions: chill_bro_videos

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Because those people are not like the rest of us. We create. All those people can do is destroy, or try to destroy your spirit. They know they can't impact the world positively so they try to be destructive. That's easier for them than actually taking a stand and trying something themselves.

Sadly, a lot of creators allow this sort of negative behavior to have an impact on them. DON'T.

Their words are meaningless, less than nothing. Calling them haters gives them too much credit. Don't give a second thought about those moronic comments that are solely meant to spread negativity or get a reaction.

Now as for constructive criticism, that's a rare commodity.

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
People are just jerks on the internet. Heck one of my latest videos said something about to go suck a d**k and that I'm gay. I find this hilarious because one of my best friends thought I was in high school until he met my now wife

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You're feeding in to trolls by this post alone. You're literally doing exactly what they want you to do.

spookayed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
your going to have some people that do those type of videos for reaction and the other people that actually have been going through something like that so I figured if you want to share something like that more power to you but if you're just doing it for the wrong reasons and that's not OK !!!

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
People are just jerks on the internet. Heck one of my latest videos said something about to go suck a d**k and that I'm gay. I find this hilarious because one of my best friends thought I was in high school until he met my now wife
I know i'm replying to an old post...
But that is so rude!
Your channel is about coffee! How can anyone be offended or get angry by that topic?

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
The more hateful comments, the more talentless people are telling you you're doing well. They're just angry because they can accomplish nothing and you are

Realiti Virtualski

Reaction score
That's the internet for you. I often see tons of long videos on youtube that gain dozens of dislikes within it being posted not even 5 minutes before. Not to mention leave comments (on streams as well) just because they can. Some people literally have nothing better to do. How sad.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm more or less sharing an experience I've been having run ad campaign on a channel trailer. I find people who enjoy the ads I run, tend to like it, possibly follow the channel, and never comment. People who don't like the ad post very malicious comments like telling me to die, or this is gay, and sucks.

I run a comedic trailer to get exposure to my instagram.

The ad is not offensive at all, is a mashup of several sketches I have done, and I don't think it sucks at all. I don't think there's no rationale reason behind these comments, but really my intent with this post to to get ideas about why people post things like this. If you don't like the ad, move on. Don't spread hate and try to bring me down. I'm also wondering why people who do like the ad, do not comment. What do you think?

(You can't see the comments because the link I've posted isn't the ad itself)

Thanks for reading.
Getting insulted on YouTube!?!? nO way! you must be kidding!!!! u mad bro?

YouTube is famous for the most hateful comments, because the people can see your face, but you can't see theirs. So they feel pretty protected to insult. There is even a site for this - randomyoutubeinsult dot com
Have you ever hated a YouTube video so much that you didn't know what to comment? Well say hello to the Random YouTube Insult Generator! Simply hit the refresh button to get a new angry comment to leave on your least favorite YouTube videos.
On the positive side - I love haters - they are my biggest fans.