Kids Content Community

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
We have a kids toys/family adventures channel. We would like to hear if from others in the family space.

In kids content..'parents' comment. The only real views from kids from YT kids app or by older kids who can comment. These 2 audiences, parents/kids..is a challenge 'thinking' of the best strategy to build a channel.

We are thinking of making more family vlogs. This is where our content possibly will be heading later..unless our toy videos keep ranking up..

As popular as toys are..massive views are from kids app. And not organic. When we search our tags/keywords..our videos are placed right above or below others with millions of views..but those videos are coming from kids app..our hope is that ours becomes related or we get featured on the app..

So far at this point, we think the only way to be on the kids app is by luck OR until our channel grows much bigger that YT will have to promote it. Our other thought: recent strict changes in kids content..YT may not be featuring as many channels on there at this time.

So far we have 8 videos and on our way to 200 Subscribers. Maybe making more videos/patience..one sticks and YT promotes it? This is how many toy/family channels have taken off. At the end, our channel is for fun and we think treating it this way is the best strategy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Masonkulit- Great video! and congrats on approaching 200 subs!! How are you doing it? We just launched on Monday and we are sitting at 7! I love your video with the cereal magical !! I like the car intro nicely done. I think you have to just keep posting in hopes it sticks as clean material for kids. YouTube kids is really hard to get on.

Reactions: MASE

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
@Big Home Toys Review Hi. Thanks for watching our videos! Seeing replies like yours helps motivate us. Since you are just starting like us, we know how important even the smallest numbers mean. So we will also check out your channel on YT! I think you are correct about being consistent and hope it gets on YT kids. The other possible way is if our channel takes off. The kids space is ever changing right now so we keep things in perspective by just having fun. Good luck going forward! See you here and on YT :)

Wilder Adventures

Reaction score
I just started a kids show too and I don’t even see it on YouTube kids... are there certain tags you have to do to get it on or is it really just luck?
This is my first time posting on here
Thanks

Imagination Playtimes

Reaction score
From a very hard-working crazy dad that runs a kids channel, welcome. I've been exhausting myself but it's worth it. Even if it's just the time I spend with my kids constantly making videos. We do toys about every 4 videos, but I try to mix it up with morals, stories, adventures, activities, etc.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Even if you get on the kids app, some have said that the earnings are not good.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Overseeing my youngest (Coming up to 4yrs) who watches the youtube kids app daily on my phone/tablet. I rarely see ads.. No ads = no revenue.
He also jumps from video to video - watching probably less than a minute per video.
My oldest watches the standard app (6yrs) watching wrestling/fitness/sports and I notice many ads although he tends to 'skip' them.

Reactions: markkaz

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Even if you get on the kids app, some have said that the earnings are not good.
The kids app provides absolutely no revenue. You will be lucky to get .20 per 1,000 views. We have been averaging .10-.14 per 1,000 views (used to always be 1.00-3.00 per 1,000). CNN, New York Times, and many traditional media outlets have done everything they can to destroy youtube kids in the name of kids, but in reality it is because they want the revenue instead. Google has a lot of restrictions for ads on youtube kids to comply with federal law and now with the media starting stuff, advertisers will shy away from ads geared for kids. The latest FTC complaint will only do more to hurt youtube kids and lower revenue. Google is going to have to figure out a better way to compensate creators for youtube kids content because it is a broken system right now. The vast majority of kids watch more youtube than anything else right now and this is going to disappear if Google doesn't start to stand up. Despite the low revenue, we will continue to run our channel because we really enjoy doing it, but we had to significantly cut back on the amount spent per video and frequency of uploads. Lately it seems, about 70-80% of our views have shifted to youtube kids, when it used to be more like 60% views on regular youtube mobile.

Reactions: markkaz

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Google is going to have to figure out a better way to compensate creators for youtube kids content because it is a broken system right now.
Agreed. An app where the consumer pays a small fee for cultivated videos that are safe for kids as well as support the creators who make the content.

Reaction score
We have a kids toys/family adventures channel. We would like to hear if from others in the family space.

In kids content..'parents' comment. The only real views from kids from YT kids app or by older kids who can comment. These 2 audiences, parents/kids..is a challenge 'thinking' of the best strategy to build a channel.

We are thinking of making more family vlogs. This is where our content possibly will be heading later..unless our toy videos keep ranking up..

As popular as toys are..massive views are from kids app. And not organic. When we search our tags/keywords..our videos are placed right above or below others with millions of views..but those videos are coming from kids app..our hope is that ours becomes related or we get featured on the app..

So far at this point, we think the only way to be on the kids app is by luck OR until our channel grows much bigger that YT will have to promote it. Our other thought: recent strict changes in kids content..YT may not be featuring as many channels on there at this time.

So far we have 8 videos and on our way to 200 Subscribers. Maybe making more videos/patience..one sticks and YT promotes it? This is how many toy/family channels have taken off. At the end, our channel is for fun and we think treating it this way is the best strategy!
Hi Mase,
We are in the exact same predicament! We ask the kids to comment to win the toy we are reviewing, but it's always the parents that have to do so. Who knows if YouTube will ever put us on the kids app since we are so product focused.

My strategy is going to go through Tim Schmoyer's 30 Days to a Better YouTube Channel free ebook. We will do each lesson about once per day. Once we get to the end, maybe we will purchase some consultation time with Tim for some more customized and experienced advice. I've always found that following other's "best practices" has done well for my other endeavors. It prevents me from wasting time on reinventing the wheel. I can work on tweaking the process later once I have the experts' fundamentals under my belt.