Keywording in Description tab. Is it acceptable?

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
As titled. I have seen it some times and I would really like to give it a try. But is it acceptable by Youtube TOS?

here is an example billingual, the video is e.g about an ambulance (free stock footage):

Title: Ambulance etc.etc.

Description:

Wordpress post: "link" Free stock footage under public domain (no rights reserved), available for personal or commercial projects.

SEO Keywords-phrases: Free stock footage under public domain of ambulance, ασθενοφόρο, ambulance on the move, ambulance on the go, ασθενοφορο στο δρομο, δωρεαν βιντεο με ασθενοφορο να κινειται για τα βιντεο σας, δωρεαν βιντεο για εμπορικη η προσωπικη χρηση, βιντεο ασθενοφορο, ambulance rear and side view, free to use clip with ambulance for commercial or personal projects under public domain, Ambulance CC0 license, fullHD free stock footage of ambulance, free video of ambulance, CC0 video of ambulance, no copyright video of ambulance on the road, find free clips of ambulance to use for your videos. Greek ambulance, Ασθενοφορο, Ελλαδα, Θεσσαλονικη, Τριανδρια, ασθενοφορο σε κινηση, δωρεαν βιντεο με ασθενοφορο, δωρεαν βιντεο για να εμπλουτισετε τα βιντεο σας.

And the words, phrases go on up tp 5000 characters in two or more languages...

I am not asking if it is presentable or nice.
The question is
Is it acceptable or might lead to a strike?

Thank for any help on the isuue :)

Woah, man!

If you mean the description tab on your channel, I am not sure; I wouldn't though, just to keep your channel in the clear. There is a place in your Advanced section under "Channel" in the Creator Studio dashboard just for tags.

Tags in video descriptions are a definite NO NO. To remain on YouTube don't try either tags in video descriptions, or tags in channel description. The first will get you terminated for SPAM for sure, and the second might also!

P. S. Put that link to your Wordpress site in your About section. There is also a section in posting video rules which states and I loosely quote: "If the main purpose of your content is to drive people off of YouTube and onto another site, it will probably violate our policies on "Spam, scams and deceptive commercial content"".

Last edited:
@UKHypnotist Thank you for the fast answer! running now to undo changes to 2-3 (test) videos I manipulated!

What about making tags (in tag section I mean) of my name, email and mobile? assuming that I want to tell everybody that have this info "just put my name / mob / email in Youtube search bar, voila, my channel.

One more question: is Wikipedia text quoted like "more info on (e.g) ambulances" with source (active link) mentioned in video's description tab "source: wikipedia.com/ambulances" description so that through normal text gain some keywords that other ways I wouldn't even knew / thought?

thank you for you help :)

Edit, I already got a warning on child and nudity (from a baptism, christening video event video uploaded in unlisted mode) and I don't really want any other problem with youtube...

@videoeditgr Remember all of the "Duplication" demonetization complaints being seen on the YouTube Help Forum at the moment? Pulling from a public source like Wikipedia for a portion of your description could land you in hot water there. You can use up to 500 characters in your video tags section, and without actually tag-spamming, you can write an informative video description which will include some of the tags in the sentences .which describe your video. Long-tail tags in your nomal tag section work quite well.

I suggest you look up some of the "YouTube Tips and Tricks" channels whose owners have been around for a while to look at videdo optimization techniques.

What's indecent in a video showing a priest pouring water over an unsuspecting baby's head? Is it because it's a child?
Where's nudity in a christening ceremony?

in orthodox christening ceremonies, baby girls or boys are baptized naked in a big font filled with water. So in the uncut video of the ceremony there was nudity and child (boy). The problem is that I din't thought that would be happen in an unlisted video...

:)

in orthodox christening ceremonies, baby girls or boys are baptized naked in a big font filled with water. So in the uncut video of the ceremony there was nudity and child (boy). The problem is that I din't thought that would be happen in an unlisted video...

:)
Unfortunately for us, even Unlisted and Private videos are scanned by the bots who look for policy violations...sigh. There is no escape...

@UKHypnotist allow me one more time to ask this as I couldn't clarify from your answer. Tagging my name, mob and email is it ok? In Tags section I mean. In all videos of the channel.

some gossip:

I suggest you look up some of the "YouTube Tips and Tricks" channels whose owners have been around for a while to look at videdo optimization techniques.

that is where I originally got the idea to have a blog and I remember the exact phrase: "put your post's link first think in the descritpion"!!! it was a podcast from a succesful guy. Eric something...

argh.. one more pass from all videos to kill tags and wordpress links.

Kind of tired, what I like is making not promoting videos,
I will leave titles, also leave music credits in description only and tag my mob for now.
It is summer after all What am I going to do next winter the cold rainy days?
:p

Thank you again for your advices! :) :) :)

Last edited:
Back