Keeping The Audience's Attention

Mike Kowalski

Director of ImaginationLand
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This could be repetitive to you all, but I really think that it is a huge part of the video making process. When I look at some of my video's analytics, I notice that some viewers lose interest towards the end. In part, this is because some people have the attention spans of squirrels. But if I had one tip to give someone who wanted to make videos, it would be consistency. If you start your video off with a bang, end it with a bang. Heck, even make the middle full of bangs too. That way you can develope loyal subscribers who stay tuned. Bang bang.

:D

ThatIsMyTake

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I definitely agree that's why all my videos have a short little intro to get the audience interested in what the video will be about before I start! :)

Mike Kowalski

Director of ImaginationLand
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I definitely agree that's why all my videos have a short little intro to get the audience interested in what the video will be about before I start! :)

Exactly, if you wanna check out a couple of my vids...you can see how I try to keep the intro part short, but they never end the way I want them too.

Swalezee

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Animator
Good tips! I will use these in my future videos!

TheSuperFunArt

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I place a recording of my cat at the end to encourage viewers to keep watching until the end so they can hear the important stuff I have to say\show and then the cat video is like a treat/bonus for them for watching my video. I mean who doesn't like kittens, they're cute. And I did see my viewers are watching it more to the end that my other channels where I didn't have the kitty video.

Chef Kendra

Chef and Video Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
People watch until the end to see if I dropped any food on the floor. j/k That cat thing reminds me of one youtube cooking show where the host sometimes feeds her dog some of the stuff cooked. I always watch because 1) Is she going to do it or isn't she and 2) Will the pooch like the food. Either way the vid maker gets me to watch longer.

Reactions: Talooka

Lawlz

I has it :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Have to agree with that :D If pples dun like the vid in like 10 secs then they just click it away D: So just start of with a bang :D End with a bang :D Keep the vid of BANG BANG!! And then BANG BANG BANG MORE FANS :D

Reactions: Mike Kowalski