Keemstar's advice for becoming a YouTuber.....

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Taking advice from KS is basically taking advice from someone who intentionally gives people bad advice. This is coming from someone who engineered ALL of his success by using popular YouTuber names and their "drama" is his titles, thumbnails, tags, and descriptions. But now, he has most to all of his videos demonitized... His channel grew to what it is today because he exploited/hacked the Algorithm by creating watch loops and session loops, resulting in his videos ending up in recommended along side heavy traffic videos from popular YouTubers. For a "savage" his channel disappears off of YouTube with restricted mode on... His content is not advertiser friendly at all anymore. Roberto Blake said in one of his recent videos that you're better off with 10,000-20,000 subscribers with content that is advertiser friendly; making exponentially more money than half of the people with 500,000 - million(s) of subscribers worrying about how they're going to pay rent because their content isn't advertiser friendly. To me, the "savages" are the ones making bank with a smaller following. I've seen channels grow from 0 to over 100k in less than 3 months this year. Becoming a successful YouTuber is not about luck because there is no such thing as luck. It's about tactics and strategy. People like KS either understand this or are completely ignorant to how things work.

Last edited:
Reactions: daniel burgio

Zaeehh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What is up, Drummer nation. I'm your host Killer Keemstar. Lets get right into the news!!!!!
His name is DramaAlert. So it makes sense that he is over dramatic. But what he is saying is somewhat true.

Reactions: Dig

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Well. I guess YouTube is over saturated. So over saturated I've never heard of this person!

But it is true that there's literally millions of channels and by the law of averages ( excuse me the $#%ing law of mutherr&#%ing averages)
Not everyone is going to make it to the top or even the middle.[DOUBLEPOST=1500964245,1500964088][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anything worth achieving is usually difficult if not next to impossible.
Good quote! I think you're the biggest channel posting on here, so is it 0% impossible to replicate your success if you started today ?

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
Becoming big on youtube is definitly only for the few, but being succesfull is not. These days you don't need to have a million subs to get succes. There are people with 10000 subs who can make a living of it and thats definitly not impossible so I think this guy has a point but he has to get more of his facts right.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good quote! I think you're the biggest channel posting on here, so is it 0% impossible to replicate your success if you started today ?
I am glad we started when we did, and I do think it would be harder nowadays. But I'm also guessing if I started now I would be doing different types of videos to better differentiate ourselves from the crowd. The videos that are easiest for everyone to make now aren't getting the views they used to, due to competition.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I am glad we started when we did, and I do think it would be harder nowadays. But I'm also guessing if I started now I would be doing different types of videos to better differentiate ourselves from the crowd. The videos that are easiest for everyone to make now aren't getting the views they used to, due to competition.
Yes that's certainly true. I think about how there are types of videos that will be popular in the future but don't exist yet as well

Reactions: babyteeth4

BrownyGamingTime

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Haha he runs a news channel so he is obviously going to blow things out of proportion.
Yes, there are alot of people doing it. Yes, it is going to be competitive. However, it is NOT impossible.
As they saying goes, if it was easy everbody would do it. Not everyone who does Youtube becomes big and famous, just those who work hard at it and stick to it.

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
He's not wrong when he says stuff is saturated, but there are still gaps on new and old content topics. Plenty of new channels pop up and grow, maybe not as many in the saturated parts but it does happen and I've watched channels take off in the last 6 months from no subs to 10k+. There's always somewhere that has demand that needs to be met. Planetside 2 as an example, its been a fading game, the largest YouTubers either moved on or don't upload as much but there was still demand that needed to be filled. They still do updates sometimes and people will watch videos on those, montages, guides, "is it worth playing" videos etc... Recently I've watched some new channels start to take off, the ceiling isn't that high for PS2 but barely anyone was making content and people still wanted to watch so new channels have taken over those duties. They can always use it as a jumping point to play other games later.

If Keemstar thinks "all content niches possible are being completely covered forever", he is quite wrong. All you need is a foot in the door video.

Last edited:

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well i am combining something unique with something non unique. My channel is about games and game reviews (non unique) but is my passion. Evilelmo on the other hand is rather unique and unrelated to games and making traffic is easy with his videos. Sadly most people just want to see elmo vids and not my gaming material.So far i am growing at a nice speed. But i do agree with keem, i rather never expect anything to come out of it so i just have 0 expectations and ill just keep posting as i go in life.[DOUBLEPOST=1501261866,1501259093][/DOUBLEPOST]
He's not wrong when he says stuff is saturated, but there are still gaps on new and old content topics. Plenty of new channels pop up and grow, maybe not as many in the saturated parts but it does happen and I've watched channels take off in the last 6 months from no subs to 10k+. There's always somewhere that has demand that needs to be met. Planetside 2 as an example, its been a fading game, the largest YouTubers either moved on or don't upload as much but there was still demand that needed to be filled. They still do updates sometimes and people will watch videos on those, montages, guides, "is it worth playing" videos etc... Recently I've watched some new channels start to take off, the ceiling isn't that high for PS2 but barely anyone was making content and people still wanted to watch so new channels have taken over those duties. They can always use it as a jumping point to play other games later.

If Keemstar thinks "all content niches possible are being completely covered forever", he is quite wrong. All you need is a foot in the door video.
Kind of unrelated but i was looking at your channel and i noticed around 11/13/16 you gained alot of momentum. What did you do? send me a PM or reply here but i dont think peeps would like me to hijack this topic.