Kadz (meme channel with so much reused content) gets remonetised

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is honestly one of the most baffling decisions I've ever seen. He got demonstrated in January, reapplied in February and approved in March (confirmed by his Twitter).

His channel has so much reused and repetitious content, basically everything, and minimal edits. For example his PewDiePie song mashups.

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My theory is that basically any channel who is reasonably big and active on Twitter and is in the right Twitter and YouTube circles will most likely be approved.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Or dare we hope that YouTube might finally be beginning to realize that if the madness of adopting the AdSense Content Quality Guidelines continues, soon there won't be enough monetized channels left to keep the YPP on a sustainable footing?

I think it's your theory that might win out of the two.

TheBlanga

Reaction score
I don't understand how they can approve - demonetize - remonetize so many channel multiple times while some other channels were never being reviewed at all.
Maybe I should try to be active in Twitter, but that's one website I never understand how to use, along with Instagram.

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't understand how they can approve - demonetize - remonetize so many channel multiple times while some other channels were never being reviewed at all.
Maybe I should try to be active in Twitter, but that's one website I never understand how to use, along with Instagram.
The whole thing is so unfair it's bordering on a joke. I am not happy for Kadz: I am angry at YouTube staff. Take one look at Kadz's channel (350k subs) and you'll see what I mean. Monetising Kadz disrespects the work of channels that are monetised (or should be monetised) for the right reasons.

What kind of system is it where a large following on another website gives you a leg up on YouTube monetisation? I feel really bad for people who have been waiting a long time for review, but playing the game (gaining a Twitter presence) might be the way to go. It seemed to sure worked for Kadz.

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it boils down to the people running @TeamYouTube on Twitter having little bravery. They would rather just approve Kadz than deal with backlash they would receive from him and his followers had they kept him demonetised.

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wouldn't you know it, he's been demonetised again. The only unsettling thing now is him and his followers complaining about how unfair and stupid YouTube is. Um no, they (eventually) made the right decision here. Reuploading the Sonic trailer with unoriginal meme videos over the top doesn't constitute fair use.