Just Tell Me What Camera to Buy!

RCLifeOn

Ah, I've been struggling to find the best camera for months! I do reviews but also a lot of action recording. The two main cameras I've been looking at is the Sony A6500 and the Canon 80D.

I recently got a new computer capable of editing 4K footage, so maybe the A6500 would be a good choice? The only thing I don't really like about the A6500 is the overheating issue and the lack of flipping screen.

Budget: $2K

In my opinion, the flip screen is the most important part. Unless you want to shoot remotely from a laptop or purchase a monitor, the flip screen is the only way to see yourself while recording to make sure your image and audio settings are correct. I use a Canon 70D with a 24mm prime lens as my main camera and I love it.

The best flip-out touch screens come from Canon. I have a 70D and 80D and you can't go wrong with either of them. Yea there's no 4k but my opinion has always been that 4k is overrated. When Canon comes out with an affordable DSLR that does 4k and it's not a pain to edit then I might get one.

The best flip-out touch screens come from Canon. I have a 70D and 80D and you can't go wrong with either of them. Yea there's no 4k but my opinion has always been that 4k is overrated. When Canon comes out with an affordable DSLR that does 4k and it's not a pain to edit then I might get one.
The thing I don't really like with the 80D is that i doesn't feel like it's worth paying $1300 for a flip-out screen, better battery life and possibly slightly better picture quality. I have done like 150 videos with my Sony Alpha a55, and the quality is decent. With the A6500 I get both significantly better quality but also slow motion which is a huge part for me. And I know my computer is capable of 4K editing. You know what I mean?

I have two Panasonic g7s I shoot 4k on a lot of my videos I usaualy scale it down to 1080p with a budget of 2k you'll have plenty of money left over for lens and lights

I have a Canon 70D and a Canon SL2. Your budget is huge though. I say go for the Canon 80D and maybe invest the rest of your money in lenses.

I shoot with a canon sx530 hs. No flip out screen but I love it. For the price and performance..you can't go wrong...

Back