Just Successfully Resurrected a Project

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Okay, so I use Movie Studio Platinum and I was working on a huge project that I effectively killed by using .mov files. Movie Studio/Sony Vegas doesn't like that format, but was tolerating them until I used too many and the project file would just freeze almost immediately after loading everything.

But how did I fix that??? Simple, poopypants! I created converted copies of the .mov files (converted into MPEG-2) and "tricked" Movie Studio Platinum. All I had to do was move the .mov files into a different folder and then when Movie Studio was looking for each file, I pointed it to the .mpg versions and it actually worked. The way each .mov file was edited transferred to the .mpg files in the project. Hopefully that makes sense. The only real issue is that the .mpg files are lighter for some reason and when I pulled this same trick with some linked HitFilm files, it still thinks the .mov files are being used (in HitFilm) and leaves the clip dark somehow. No idea how that's working, but all I had to do was play with the Sony Levels effect in Movie Studio and the contrast levels between the clips linked to hitfilm and the ones without any hitfilm effects look identical. I kept trying to open the file and cut it in half or copy and paste it all to a new project in the hopes it had just been corrupted so many times and it took FOREVER to realize I could just do this. I'm either a genius or an idiotic idiot. Worship me either way.