Just Re-Branded My Channel, Thoughts?

Which of these games would you prefer to watch?

• Total voters

Olroy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey so just last night I re-branded my Youtube channel with a new icon and new channel art! I've been SUPER

excited for this re-brand for the past week seeing as I commissioned this artist to draw my character for me.

Anyways I'm just looking for some feedback and stuff, things such as if you came across my channel would

you consider it professional looking and consider subscribing (assuming you were into the type of content

I produce), also what draws your eyes first thing when my channel loads, Is my channel layout cohesive and

understandable (did you struggle to find anything?). And also which thumbnail is your favourite in my videos

tab (maybe go back in time a bit to see some older ones, but not too far back). So yeah, any other things you

feel are worth mentioning are also welcomed!

Last edited by a moderator:

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
would you consider it professional looking and consider subscribing?
My answer to that.. yes, it does look professional, however i dont think that background is overly unique in my mind as ive seen other channels with that same background format. But Your banner does look very good tho. Your icon also suits you well too. I would consider subscribing to your content, but i myself personally wont, just for the reason that i cant stand listening to heavy metal etc as the music.. i like my gaming channels to be focused on commentary, im also personally not a fan of music only gaming channels.. but i do understand that yes there is a niche for that and at 10k subs.. obviously its working well congrats!

what draws your eyes first thing when my channel loads, Is my channel layout cohesive and understandable?

first thing that draws my mind is your art.. i like it! everything is easy to find your layout is understandable.. only suggestion would maybe start introducing playlists to your channel? all i see are uploads and peeps. but i understand that with you wanting to expand your reach and play different games you will be introducing playlists eventually to help your audience know where the different games are..

And also which thumbnail is your favourite in my videos tab?
im going to say Derptage #34.. i dunno, i just like it.

i pretty much covered everything i had to say.

Keep up the good work!

Olroy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
would you consider it professional looking and consider subscribing?
My answer to that.. yes, it does look professional, however i dont think that background is overly unique in my mind as ive seen other channels with that same background format. But Your banner does look very good tho. Your icon also suits you well too. I would consider subscribing to your content, but i myself personally wont, just for the reason that i cant stand listening to heavy metal etc as the music.. i like my gaming channels to be focused on commentary, im also personally not a fan of music only gaming channels.. but i do understand that yes there is a niche for that and at 10k subs.. obviously its working well congrats!

what draws your eyes first thing when my channel loads, Is my channel layout cohesive and understandable?

first thing that draws my mind is your art.. i like it! everything is easy to find your layout is understandable.. only suggestion would maybe start introducing playlists to your channel? all i see are uploads and peeps. but i understand that with you wanting to expand your reach and play different games you will be introducing playlists eventually to help your audience know where the different games are..

And also which thumbnail is your favourite in my videos tab?
im going to say Derptage #34.. i dunno, i just like it.

i pretty much covered everything i had to say.

Keep up the good work!
Hey thanks for the super in depth answers! It really gave me some things I clearly need to work on, first being that I actually do have playlists organizing my videos, however clearly these aren't easy enough to find so I'll have to make them more prominent. Second maybe I should change the video I have featured on my front page because actually 95% of my content is commentary gaming videos lol. And third, maybe I should consider a different banner background, but tbh I don't think I'm going to worry about changing that seeing as a solid color might be a bit too much color, maybe if I were to desaturate it, I just like how the lines give a dynamic look to it.

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i wouldnt go bother changing your banner background, although it has been used.. its very good and suits your channel and banner in general very good. I like the color scheme as well. Check out my channel for what i mean by showcasing your playlists, you can see the 3 main things i do in their each seperate playlist on my main channel page. I would agree with changing the intro video to your channel, because after that i checked out your other recent videos and it was music as well so i thought it was a gaming music channel. Maybe ya, have a intro video with you talking or showcasing your commentary.. I watch now, i think music gaming.. but change to an commentary intro video.. ill think its a commentary channel.

Glad i could help :)

Reactions: Olroy

Olroy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i wouldnt go bother changing your banner background, although it has been used.. its very good and suits your channel and banner in general very good. I like the color scheme as well. Check out my channel for what i mean by showcasing your playlists, you can see the 3 main things i do in their each seperate playlist on my main channel page. I would agree with changing the intro video to your channel, because after that i checked out your other recent videos and it was music as well so i thought it was a gaming music channel. Maybe ya, have a intro video with you talking or showcasing your commentary.. I watch now, i think music gaming.. but change to an commentary intro video.. ill think its a commentary channel.

Glad i could help :)
Yeah I looked at your channel and I agree the playlists are very useful, definitely gonna go do that, also watched your trailer video, judging from you Hat, accent, and twitter location "Peg" do you happen to be a Winnipeger? or at least Canadian?

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yep, born and raised up here in winnipeg :D fellow canadian yourself?

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ohh f**k no way! too bad didnt you know sooner! whered you go? Regina or Brandon?[DOUBLEPOST=1484790345,1484790214][/DOUBLEPOST]Even tho it may not mean much to you.. i always will support another winnipeger! You gained a sub from me, best of luck and best wishes to you!

Olroy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
ohh f**k no way! too bad didnt you know sooner! whered you go? Regina or Brandon?
Thunder Bay actually haha[DOUBLEPOST=1484790733,1484790352][/DOUBLEPOST]
ohh f**k no way! too bad didnt you know sooner! whered you go? Regina or Brandon?[DOUBLEPOST=1484790345,1484790214][/DOUBLEPOST]Even tho it may not mean much to you.. i always will support another winnipeger! You gained a sub from me, best of luck and best wishes to you!
20 subs for you my dude

Reactions: ImJustJoshinYa

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
didnt know thunder bay had a college.. but good for ya!! Well anyway, when you make your way back here to the Peg, gimme a shout.. we'll collaborate or meet up or whatever.[DOUBLEPOST=1484790831,1484790777][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thunder Bay actually haha[DOUBLEPOST=1484790733,1484790352][/DOUBLEPOST]
20 subs for you my dude
ahh bro thats too kind..! But you're a winnipeger. Glad i could help you out today! Best of luck, ill be watchin from afar

Reactions: Olroy