Just over 300 subs, should i sign up for monetisation?

MarkGamer

Reaction score
I've started up a gaming channel and have just over 300 subs, i'm unsure whether or not to sign up to monetisation. I understand that I will earn next to nothing at the moment but is it worth just signing up now or waiting until I get more subscribers? Thanks!

QuiteGoneJin

Letf Handed Red Headed Stepchild Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Maybe, I tried to check your channel out but you didn't put the proper link in your profile. Make sure its the actual cut and paste profile name (alpha numeric). Once I see it I'll give some of my limited knowledge and advice.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've started up a gaming channel and have just over 300 subs, i'm unsure whether or not to sign up to monetisation. I understand that I will earn next to nothing at the moment but is it worth just signing up now or waiting until I get more subscribers? Thanks!
I signed up for monetizaton when I had like 10 subscribers. You might as well do it, if you make a viral hit you will lose out on the easy $$$.

Infinite Paths

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeh just do it, people are used to having ads on every video now, it never affected me.

hcetiny

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I signed up for monetizaton when I had like 10 subscribers. You might as well do it, if you make a viral hit you will lose out on the easy $$$.
Same here. I monetized from the first day on. Even if you earn a couple of pennies, it will give you a feeling of passive income and an idea what is possible.

My very first video was for test purposes, which I posted on my personal channel. It somehow started making ~3$ per month. So, it made around 36 $ in the last year. I also have a blog where I run ads. This 36 $ helped me pass the 70 € minimum payment limit a couple of months ahead.

Cabbage Hunters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah dude might as well - about how many views do you get per month?

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Same here. I monetized from the first day on. Even if you earn a couple of pennies, it will give you a feeling of passive income and an idea what is possible.

My very first video was for test purposes, which I posted on my personal channel. It somehow started making ~3$ per month. So, it made around 36 $ in the last year. I also have a blog where I run ads. This 36 $ helped me pass the 70 € minimum payment limit a couple of months ahead.
yeah the first year I made just pennies a day for the first few months, I barely hit the $100 threshold at the end of the year thanks to a few videos getting decent views.

MarkGamer

Reaction score

Ok, thanks! I think i'll sign up!

Stephen Mottershead

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Personally I would just setup monetisation you have nothing to loose. If you do decide to monetisation, then make sure your videos are within YouTube Guidelines.