Just ordered a new Youtube camera

Ampix0

Web Design Tutorials
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just wanted to share with you guys that I'm super stoked to upgrade my Canon T3i to the Sony 6300. My camera has been great to me for about 5 years. It's served as a great camera for my old and now new Youtube channel. But I'm taking Youtube more seriously, and planning new channels in the future so I wanted something a little future proof and a little versatile. It was a close call between it and the Panasonic G7. There's some drawbacks, like no flip out screen (serious, why would I even need to tilt it? Could have given us the flip out?), and the SD card slot is on the bottom of both of them which is a super huge pain. But with the ability to connect your phone or tablet over wifi to use as a monitor and remote, and with the size being manageable enough to transfer over USB, I said why not. I was able to get a very good price that made the price difference seem like much less of an issue and I hope this camera will treat me well, but I am sure it will

Reaction score
Once you get that camera can you please share how good it is? We've been looking into getting a better camera and don't know exactly which one to get.

Ampix0

Web Design Tutorials
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Once you get that camera can you please share how good it is? We've been looking into getting a better camera and don't know exactly which one to get.
There's a ton of videos about it on Youtube. I think it's as close to Cinema quality as you're going to get around that price point. You might need some additional lenses based on what you do. I believe the kit lens is exactly what I want for my channel.

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Nice!! Heard seriously good things about the Sony! Enjoy that!

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Sony a6300 is a really great camera! Especially if you shoot in SLOG and color grade in post :biggrin:

DBTech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Reviewer
Hey @Ampix0 your channel link thing doesn't seem to be working. When I click it, I'm led to a channel that doesn't exist.

Ampix0

Web Design Tutorials
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey @Ampix0 your channel link thing doesn't seem to be working. When I click it, I'm led to a channel that doesn't exist.
Thanks for letting me know. I dont know why it wont let me use my custom URL? I have one. Ill just use the channel IS instead I guess.[DOUBLEPOST=1500081391,1500081376][/DOUBLEPOST]
The Sony a6300 is a really great camera! Especially if you shoot in SLOG and color grade in post :biggrin:
What is SLOG I hear everyone talking about it.

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's a flat picture profile. It looks really good if colored correctly