Just looked at my subscriber list, do most of your subs have very few subs themseves??

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I just looked at my list to see who is subscribed to me and I would say by far MOST of my subscribers have only have a handful of subs (5 or 20 subs at the most)... a few have more. I'm just curious if you have a small channel like mine (I have 220 subs)... is this normal? I was watching a video and in the comment section I wrote I would love a shout out... and suddenly past 48 hours I have people being sent to me from that video... I feel like majority of my subs past 48 hours are from some type of "sub for sub" thing I have no idea. I didn't do any "sub for sub thing though...

Last edited:

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
Most youtube users consume content and don't upload any videos at all, let alone get more than 100 subs.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Does that even matter? As zhkopec says, a lot of people just have an account to be able to sub to channels, not to upload anyhing themselfs..

Also, asking for shouts outs underneath other people videos is pretty impolite :/ just my opinion.

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
Does that even matter? As zhkopec says, a lot of people just have an account to be able to sub to channels, not to upload anyhing themselfs..

Also, asking for shouts outs underneath other people videos is pretty impolite :/ just my opinion.
It was not impolite... this video was holding a contest and was offering to give a shout out to people who comment on their video.
...but even if that were not the case I do not feel it's rude to politely ask. Those who do not ask shall not receive. This is something I have learned over the years and by me not reaching out you miss out on opportunities.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
It was not impolite... this video was holding a contest and was offering to give a shout out to people who comment on their video.
Ah, you didn't mention that. If had been a 'normal' video, I'd consider it impolite to ask for a shoutout (or make any advertisement, in that sense). But if they literally ask you to do it, it's fine.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Only 3 of my subs have more subs than me..

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most subscribers don’t create their own content, some do some don’t. Most of subscribers don’t create any video they just like to watch them. I didn’t start creating content until two years ago, before that I just watched YouTube without a YouTube account