• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Just hit 200 subs

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
4 months in and I have just crossed the 200 sub mark.

It's been ridiculously tough! In fact, I hit 100 subs quicker than I hit 200 (I thought it would get easier, silly me :D)

But I am not deterred and I will continue to show up and keep getting better. Here's to a great 2018 everyone!

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice man! How did you reach 100 so fast? :)
Thanks, I utilised LinkedIn quite heavily. I have 18k connections on there and because my content is in marketing, it helped. Though it isn't easy to get people to notice your content, then subscribe, but I got some success.

I also got spikes in subs for insightful comments on other videos in my niche.

Yumola

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ah I see! Well, well played to you! Done well for such a short amount of time :)! I am currently just starting off as a gaming channel so I'm just trying to build my own community on Steam, which is a gaming platform on PC, fingers crossed I do as well as you! :)

Reactions: Darren Taylor

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ah I see! Well, well played to you! Done well for such a short amount of time :)! I am currently just starting off as a gaming channel so I'm just trying to build my own community on Steam, which is a gaming platform on PC, fingers crossed I do as well as you! :)
Thanks! I've heard of Steam, but not played games on steam for years! :) May be time to get back into it. All the best to you and your channel :up2::up2::up2:

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Good job! Been watching your hustle. Keep it up I hope you make the new threshold soon

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Congratulations!

18K connections on Linked'In you say? That's insane! If you're not already do so make sure you post all of your videos on there, you should get real traction.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congratulations!

18K connections on Linked'In you say? That's insane! If you're not already do so make sure you post all of your videos on there, you should get real traction.
Thanks!

Yea I do post videos on LinkedIn. Only trouble is that the reach is massively reduced when posting YouTube links on LinkedIn (all social media networks hate eachother).

But posting my videos within a LinkedIn article seems to work. I'll keep posting and hopefully pick up traction.