Just had a video taken down for "Buying Views" Any ideas?

PKMK2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Other
Hi, just now I checked my YouTube email address, only to find that one of my videos was removed due to "Fake" or "Buying" views. Any idea how they could make a mistake that bad?
Like c'mon, I would rather spend money on a Subway, or going out for a day:thumbsup2:

Seriously p***ed with em' though :mad:

Thanks for any replies :)

Catie WahWah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Maybe a lot of your views were coming from the same IP or geographic area? I haven't actually heard of this happening before but I can understand why YouTube would be trying to crack down on it

PKMK2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Maybe?? I have told them I have recently seen an increase in worldwide views, but most of them come from USA and GB still, which they always have done, so I'm gonna be pretty annoyed if they don't put my video back up with the original amount of views, rather than keep my new one they uploaded for me, with absolutely no views.

MonsterSoLongster

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've seen something like this happening before. Have you tried to contact them and ask for a better explanation to why they deleted it? You could always ask on the YouTube forums to why they marked your video as "fake".

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Possibly someone is botting your video in attempt to get it removed?

SuckMyDax

Chaser of Dreams
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Sorry to hear about that. I hope things get worked out for you (unless you bought views of course... in which case, cut that s**t out! :p)

PKMK2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Lol, I would never bot/buy views to be honest, waste of time, and money... And I doubt someone would bot views trying to take my video down, just because I have no real enemies :p

Kazzabrown

Reaction score
Just looking at your channel you have a massive spike in views with 2 of your videos and from what I can tell one is stuck at 301+ which is basically saying YouTube is/has counted your unique views and it has not added to more that 301. So it is possible you have bought views and are lying about it but that aint my problem but I can see why it might think you are buying views.

I am not attempting to hate on you just sharing my opinion on this topic.[DOUBLEPOST=1407863350,1407863263][/DOUBLEPOST]Not only is it a massive spike but they have relatively the same views (3 views apart) .

Reactions: Switchbox

PKMK2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Nah, I don't buy views, like I said I would spend money on things worth money... And I have recently started trying to actually promote my videos lol, so that might have something to do with the spikes/301s but to be honest, I have sent them the info to try and get my video back, but if I don't I'm not gonna be impressed to be honest... Did I say to be honest enough?? :p[DOUBLEPOST=1407864275,1407863705][/DOUBLEPOST]Lol, time to start promoting my new upload for it they gave me!!

Reactions: Kazzabrown

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Your stats are completely fake. In fact, these might be the most fake stats I've ever seen. You have days where you gained more subscribers than you had views. There is no legitimate circumstance where that occurs.

Whether you're buying views or not is irrelevant. You are certainly engaging in some kind of view or subscriber stuffing shenanigans and this thread is far less than innocent.