Just got approved for monetisation

ASMR Zelda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel just got approved for monetisation and it took 17 days.
I just wanted to let all of you know in case you’re wondering about the current wait times. YouTube said about a month. Other people online said over a month.
But it only took 17 days for me. So hopefully no one else has to wait long

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well done, took 18 days for me.
I think it relies massively on the type of video you produce. If it isn't clear that you are shooting your own footage then it looks like the reviewers are just pushing the channel to the back of the queue and leaving it in limbo.
There are still hundreds of threads on the "official" YT forum where people are complaining that they've been waiting for months.

Poorna

Reaction score
Well done, took 18 days for me.
I think it relies massively on the type of video you produce. If it isn't clear that you are shooting your own footage then it looks like the reviewers are just pushing the channel to the back of the queue and leaving it in limbo.
There are still hundreds of threads on the "official" YT forum where people are complaining that they've been waiting for months.
The videos in my channel are my own contents which I film while traveling around the country. However I have been under review for nearly 3 months now.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My guess would be that YT prioritises channel approval by revenue potential.

So if I had 2 channels to check (Both over 1000subs/4000hours) but 1 channel was receiving more views/hours I would be reviewing that one first.

ASMR Zelda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was wondering that too. In those 17 days I have doubled my watch hours and gained another 500 subs. I thought maybe that’s why it went faster

Poorna

Reaction score
My guess would be that YT prioritises channel approval by revenue potential.

So if I had 2 channels to check (Both over 1000subs/4000hours) but 1 channel was receiving more views/hours I would be reviewing that one first.
My channel is currently receiving about 500 views per day and I am normally uploading on a weekly basis. So if I post on daily basis I guess I will reach to approval step sooner?

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Poorna
If you've been under review for that long I would think you need to take a look at your channel. Is there anything there that could against the rules?
tags?
one bit of music?
Just a guess.

Reactions: Poorna

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Poorna - I clicked on 2 videos. The descriptions were both crammed full of Amazon affiliate links. I am not 100% sure of YouTube's policy on this but it might be something for you to think about. Good luck.

Reactions: Poorna

Poorna

Reaction score
@Poorna
If you've been under review for that long I would think you need to take a look at your channel. Is there anything there that could against the rules?
tags?
one bit of music?
Just a guess.
All the music I used are copyright free. (Most of them were from vlog no copyright music YouTube channel). And some I use from YouTube music library. Tags I always make them relevant to my topic. Thank anyway.[DOUBLEPOST=1538365986,1538365924][/DOUBLEPOST]
Poorna - I clicked on 2 videos. The descriptions were both crammed full of Amazon affiliate links. I am not 100% sure of YouTube's policy on this but it might be something for you to think about. Good luck.
Thanks a lot Crown. I realized that and I have removed all the affiliate links. Didn't realized about that. Thanks for showing it :)

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
First of all congratulations, that's awesome your channel is showing Ads now.

I believe YouTube is working faster, after their new changes they needed to review a lot of channels and some of them waited many months to be approved. It seems they are catching up which is really good news for new channels.

As an example... My review took 45 days when I reached the threshold on June 13.
And yeah, I read from a Google Forum where a YouTube employee posted that they will be prioritising channels approval by revenue potential.