• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Just got 2000 subscribers!

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
It's been only a month since I hit 1000 so I am pretty psyched that it is going this fast. I'm really happy with my progress right now and If I keep this up then it will be even shorter to get to 3000. :D Woot

Reactions: Crown

Alexis Claudio Music

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First and foremost, congrats! 2000 is a huge achievement. What are some things that helped you get to 1000. I'm at 80 subs with 25 videos on my belt. I'm looking into rapid growth.

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
First and foremost, congrats! 2000 is a huge achievement. What are some things that helped you get to 1000. I'm at 80 subs with 25 videos on my belt. I'm looking into rapid growth.
rapid growth just doesn't come randomly. There are several ways:

- find a niche and market your channel as catering to that niche. My channel focuses on Soviet/Russian history and I actively market it that way although I offer other content. It works.
- post videos on smaller reddits as they usually don't mind marketing in regards to interesting content. I post a lot of my videos to the military history subreddit.
- make catchy titles and thumbnails for your best videos. recently my video titled 'How Hitler Saved the Wehrmacht' went from 5k views to 60k in less than a month. All you need is a catchy title (not clickbait), to write an extensive description (a lot of smaller youtube channels don't do this out of laziness to spam), and have a decent thumbnail. (I have Hitler overlooking the Battle of Moscow)
- respond to nearly all your comments as that drives more traffic and interaction to your channel which improves watch time and chances of being promoted through the youtube algorithm.

I've noticed sharing with close friends and family doesn't really help. (95% of my audience are strangers) So I don't think sharing with your friends and family will help too much. They won't give honest criticism or honest discussion as they know you and will remain tactful.

With this in mind it will realistically take you anywhere between half a year to a full year or even more to reach 1k. Unless you are lucky and you go viral (which is difficult even when you calculate it). That being said my main stunt with growth came because my first videos were a bit visually simplistic. I've noticed for example that every video I've recently made (within the last 3-4 months) have outperformed my older videos in traffic generation, because video quality actually does matter.

I hope this helps.

Alexis Claudio Music

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
rapid growth just doesn't come randomly. There are several ways:

- find a niche and market your channel as catering to that niche. My channel focuses on Soviet/Russian history and I actively market it that way although I offer other content. It works.
- post videos on smaller reddits as they usually don't mind marketing in regards to interesting content. I post a lot of my videos to the military history subreddit.
- make catchy titles and thumbnails for your best videos. recently my video titled 'How Hitler Saved the Wehrmacht' went from 5k views to 60k in less than a month. All you need is a catchy title (not clickbait), to write an extensive description (a lot of smaller youtube channels don't do this out of laziness to spam), and have a decent thumbnail. (I have Hitler overlooking the Battle of Moscow)
- respond to nearly all your comments as that drives more traffic and interaction to your channel which improves watch time and chances of being promoted through the youtube algorithm.

I've noticed sharing with close friends and family doesn't really help. (95% of my audience are strangers) So I don't think sharing with your friends and family will help too much. They won't give honest criticism or honest discussion as they know you and will remain tactful.

With this in mind it will realistically take you anywhere between half a year to a full year or even more to reach 1k. Unless you are lucky and you go viral (which is difficult even when you calculate it). That being said my main stunt with growth came because my first videos were a bit visually simplistic. I've noticed for example that every video I've recently made (within the last 3-4 months) have outperformed my older videos in traffic generation, because video quality actually does matter.

I hope this helps.

Austerpower, Thank you! those words actually helped. These are really good and honest ways to improve. I will note most if not all of these so I can keep them in mind when I'm making my videos. Thank you so much! Good luck with your channel and have a great day!

Reactions: Austerpower