• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Just became a verified youtuber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhanoob

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Congrats, that is awesome! I have a question, did you have to have a website in addition to your Google+/YouTube account to become verified or just need 1k+ Google+?

I have a 1K+ Google +1s and also over 1k Google+ followers, what should I do next before I contact my Partner Manager? Thanks for your time =)
Yes, and they should do everything else for you.

and thank you all for the wishes (~*u*)~

Reactions: Noobzilla

Jenny Lynne

"To live would be an awfully big adventure"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i dont understand what verified youtuber means? if i have adsense on my vids am i verified?

Actually, Youtube changed the partner program; it's a lot easier now. Not to steal anyone's thunder or anything, but if you go to video manager>channel settings, then enable monitization, then back to video manager, and edit one of your videos to monitize it. THEN back to channel settings, and at the top it should have a link to verify. That button wouldn't work for me till after I monitized one of my videos. Basically, it needs to text you, or call you to verify that you are real.

After that, you are an official Youtube Partner and can put ads on your videos. Not that it means you SHOULD put ads on all of your videos. But this does give you other options, like being able to use custom thumbnails, and make use of the creator academy (training modules for Youtube Partners)

Bhanoob

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Actually, Youtube changed the partner program; it's a lot easier now. Not to steal anyone's thunder or anything, but if you go to video manager>channel settings, then enable monitization, then back to video manager, and edit one of your videos to monitize it. THEN back to channel settings, and at the top it should have a link to verify. That button wouldn't work for me till after I monitized one of my videos. Basically, it needs to text you, or call you to verify that you are real.

After that, you are an official Youtube Partner and can put ads on your videos. Not that it means you SHOULD put ads on all of your videos. But this does give you other options, like being able to use custom thumbnails, and make use of the creator academy (training modules for Youtube Partners)
There's a difference, that's about having a verified account, being a verified youtuber is a completely different thing, you get a small tick next to your name, and everywhere you comment. (just like they have in facebook and twitter to prevent identity theft )

Reactions: Jenny Lynne

Jenny Lynne

"To live would be an awfully big adventure"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's a difference, that's about having a verified account, being a verified youtuber is a completely different thing, you get a small tick next to your name, and everywhere you comment. (just like they have in facebook and twitter to prevent identity theft )
OH!! THAT KIND OF VERIFIED!!! Wow! Congrads! That is awesome!

Sorry for my idiocy, by the way!

Last edited:

blissandbrandon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
Do you have any links to a youtube page where the cover this topic? I've never really noticed/realized that was even a thing.

CatsRants

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Ranter
It's so fun, all of the comments you make become top comment (considering you don't make s****y comments) and random people subscribe to you, it's so fun, and it turns out all you need is 1000 G+ followers and then you request it from your network

That's awesome! :D

Zero

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So apparently all you have to do is make funny comments on YouTube and get people to like it. It adds itself to the google+. I'm at 230+ now.

Status
Not open for further replies.