• I dont care about them at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Werewilf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
For vlogs, i only like jump cuts when there's a change of topic. I think it's a nice transition. I don't like it when people jump cut every.damn.line. It distracts me and pisses me off.

Reactions: Vicboss

zebracloak

I make Movies like I make Friends.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger
For vlogs, i only like jump cuts when there's a change of topic. I think it's a nice transition. I don't like it when people jump cut every.damn.line. It distracts me and pisses me off.
I prefer lazy vlogs to jump cut vlogs. I like other shows with jump cuts though. For example, =3 would never work without jump cuts.

Reactions: Werewilf

Werewilf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I prefer lazy vlogs to jump cut vlogs. I like other shows with jump cuts though. For example, =3 would never work without jump cuts.
Right, not a big fan on =3 but i see what you're saying

zebracloak

Reaction score
Channel Type
Agreed, =3 isn't the best show on YouTube, but I figured people would know what I was talking about.

Reactions: Werewilf

Seuss

The original mouse.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No Jump Cuts, simply because I am not able to much editing as an iPhone vlogger.

zebracloak

Reaction score
Channel Type
No Jump Cuts, simply because I am not able to much editing as an iPhone vlogger.
That makes sense. I don't edit my vlogs, unless I get interrupted and need to combine two clips. I add a title and thats it. I use jump cuts on other videos.

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
jumpcuts only work as long as each short clip does not show you jumping around the room (in different places) - unless you can make humour out of this. Generally I prefer to see a free flowing vlog without jumpcuts or very subtle jumpcuts :)

zebracloak

Reaction score
Channel Type
I jump around the room when I jump cut. Jump cuts are obvious anyway, so why try to hide it? I don't jump cut at all in my vlogs, but in my other vids I do, so my two channels are styled very differently.

ViciousXUSMC

Master Viking
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
From a professional point of view jump cuts are the devil. However YouTube has opened up the way for a new type of media where they work well.

It's much better to jump cut the hell out of something if that is the only way you know how to make a presentation than to have it 3x longer with you going "um" "ehhh" and trying to think of what you want to say or the point you want to make.

I tend to not use them, I do reviews and presentations all in one cut this keep sit concise and also gives the sensation that I know what I am talking about from the top of my head not from a script. I may if I really mess up have one or to cuts at the most that are fade cuts. Now that I do live streams there is definitely no jump cuts to bail out with when doing that :D