JukinMedia help??

winson yuen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

I got in reached by a manager at JukinMedia via mail and basically he wants to license one of my videos. He told me I have two options, either by doing a long-term "non-exclusive" where I keep monetization rights and the company will put my video to shows and splitting 50/50 of the revenue OR they acquire rights to license my video and they monetize it, I keep ownership and splitting 60/40.

I don't know what to do as this has never happened to me! Need help, what to do?

Thanks.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I've never had the opportunity like you currently have. But if I did I would think of it like a George-Lucas scenario. George Lucas cut his own paycheck on the first Star Wars movie in order to keep the rights. By keeping the rights he was able to sell merchandise and make more movies with the same brand name.

Now on a Youtube level...hmmm, I'd keep my rights but make less money if I were in your shoes. 50/50 is not a bad cut by any means and I'd be honored if someone wanted to show my work somewhere (especially a big company). But that's just me.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the monetization forum. :)