Joining Freedom vs other partnerships?

SirNewton

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
THE NEXT TWO PARAGRAPHS ARE A LITTLE INTRODUCTION INTO MY SITUATION WITH YOUTUBE. IF YOU'D LIKE TO JUST SKIP TO THE ACTUAL QUESTIONS JUST GO AHEAD AND SCROLL DOWN TO THE THIRD :)Hello everyone it's been a while since i've been on here but I've really been focusing on school and trying to advertise my channel and reaching as many people as possible. Recently I have been using twitter and reddit, and while these two aren't exactly associated with my youtube acount I've reached out to my tumblr followers and an app called Ifunny. While I have grown a decent bit in the past month and a half or so, about 12 subscribers and more views, i'm still not entirely satisfied in where i'm at. I've been doing this for close to a year now and I have definitely enjoyed it and have met some awesome people I'm still nowhere close to my goal.

The whole reason I joined youtube is because it's been something I've wanted to do for years and has given me a sense of belonging again but my main goal is to just create an awesome community where I can interact with the people that watch my videos, share some laughs, and everyone to have a good time. I don't really care about money and not so much size, and when I mean size I dont have a huge interest in becoming the next big youtuber, but I would like to, as stated, create a community.

Now that the formalities are over I'd like to get into my actual questions.

I've met a couple people through my girlfriend and twitter who have been partnered through freedom and have had a positive experience thus far. But there are two main differences between the people i've met. The first is in a minecraft group with a whole bunch of other youtubers and has a pretty decent fanbase. I believe about 1.6k subs and has the views to match up with it. He's been pretty involved with the network and has worked his way up to where he's at.

The second one i've met through twitter. I don't have any contact with him as he was a d**k and instantly criticized mine and everyone I know's channels, even though his was worse haha. Going back to his channel I noticed he was partnered with freedom with about 700 to 800 subs. The only problem was that he was getting the same, if not less, amount of views per video than I do and I only have 30 to 31 subs now.

I have been thinking about joining freedom because I know of many small youtubers who have joined and benefited from it and have really enjoyed the experience. The only thing that is holding me back is how they would promote/ give me the tools to promote my channel, monetization (if they do that for the smaller channels, i'm not sure), and if my channel would somehow end up like the second persons with hundreds of subs but no views to show for it.

I don't have much experience with networks and partnerships and have been trying to read up on it as much as I can, and figured i'd turn to the forums for some help. Any advice is much appreciated:)

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
The only thing that is holding me back is how they would promote/ give me the tools to promote my channel, monetization (if they do that for the smaller channels, i'm not sure), and if my channel would somehow end up like the second persons with hundreds of subs but no views to show for it.
They won't promote you, no network will. That's all on you.

They should have a few tools for you- notably a new dashboard for YouTube that gives a few more insights than basic YouTube.

If that (and some music licenses) is worth signing over a percentage of your income, you'll have to decide for yourself, but don't expect any promotion or them doing anything to increase your subscribers or views.

Reactions: Brinkbabe91 and RBG

V3XL0R

Personifying Music Since 1994
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Animator
THE NEXT TWO PARAGRAPHS ARE A LITTLE INTRODUCTION INTO MY SITUATION WITH YOUTUBE. IF YOU'D LIKE TO JUST SKIP TO THE ACTUAL QUESTIONS JUST GO AHEAD AND SCROLL DOWN TO THE THIRD :)Hello everyone it's been a while since i've been on here but I've really been focusing on school and trying to advertise my channel and reaching as many people as possible. Recently I have been using twitter and reddit, and while these two aren't exactly associated with my youtube acount I've reached out to my tumblr followers and an app called Ifunny. While I have grown a decent bit in the past month and a half or so, about 12 subscribers and more views, i'm still not entirely satisfied in where i'm at. I've been doing this for close to a year now and I have definitely enjoyed it and have met some awesome people I'm still nowhere close to my goal.

The whole reason I joined youtube is because it's been something I've wanted to do for years and has given me a sense of belonging again but my main goal is to just create an awesome community where I can interact with the people that watch my videos, share some laughs, and everyone to have a good time. I don't really care about money and not so much size, and when I mean size I dont have a huge interest in becoming the next big youtuber, but I would like to, as stated, create a community.

Now that the formalities are over I'd like to get into my actual questions.

I've met a couple people through my girlfriend and twitter who have been partnered through freedom and have had a positive experience thus far. But there are two main differences between the people i've met. The first is in a minecraft group with a whole bunch of other youtubers and has a pretty decent fanbase. I believe about 1.6k subs and has the views to match up with it. He's been pretty involved with the network and has worked his way up to where he's at.

The second one i've met through twitter. I don't have any contact with him as he was a d**k and instantly criticized mine and everyone I know's channels, even though his was worse haha. Going back to his channel I noticed he was partnered with freedom with about 700 to 800 subs. The only problem was that he was getting the same, if not less, amount of views per video than I do and I only have 30 to 31 subs now.

I have been thinking about joining freedom because I know of many small youtubers who have joined and benefited from it and have really enjoyed the experience. The only thing that is holding me back is how they would promote/ give me the tools to promote my channel, monetization (if they do that for the smaller channels, i'm not sure), and if my channel would somehow end up like the second persons with hundreds of subs but no views to show for it.

I don't have much experience with networks and partnerships and have been trying to read up on it as much as I can, and figured i'd turn to the forums for some help. Any advice is much appreciated:)
For some reason, that's the way Freedom! is when it comes to adding people to their network. Like, I got on when I was at 20 subs and maybe 0-5 videos with maybe 10 views or so. It could've also had to do with me going through my friend's sub network because he runs a sub network via Freedom!. Here's the thing. People have mixed feelings with Freedom!, though most of the accusations about Freedom! are wrong. So I'm going to list the pros and cons of Freedom!. First of all, I'm currently with Freedom! and have done the research/talked to people who deal with them on a regular basis. Something you need to know is that they don't promote at all and the tools can be found in other places on the internet, so it would pointless to sign up with a network just for that. In fact, NO network will promote or help with promotion. That's all on you. The success of failure of your channel will be because of you, not Freedom! or any other network. The guy that you're talking about, chances are, has sucky content and most likely has botted to get to the subs that he's at now. As for monetization, you start off, depending on how big your channel is, with you getting 60% of the profits and they're getting 40%. You can increase this by getting bigger on YouTube and then requesting to have your contract via monetization upgraded. Technically, you can get up to 110% profits off your videos, but this depends on how active you are in their forums and such. You get paid every month, no matter how much you've made that month, which is a hell of a lot better to me than waiting on Adsense to get to $100, which I don't like working with Adsense to begin with and that's why I'm with a network now; so that I don't have to personally deal with them. The only thing is that you can't opt in for fan funding and I'm pretty sure that this is because their company, though they work in the US, are technically (on paper) from Hong Kong. This is because of a tax issue in which Hong Kong doesn't have to deal with taking out taxes or having anything to do with them. Personally, though I like where I'm at now, I'm going to go to another network when I get a little bigger and such. Part of it is about not having to fan funding and such. But overall, it really is a great network because they don't lock you in to a contract, which means that you can get out anytime you want. I hate when I see people on here who bash this network for various reasons and most of it is inaccurate. But then again, people do have their own experiences with this network, so I wouldn't just go with what I'm saying. Definitely get second opinions and do your research. This is just what I've learned and what I've dealt with when working with Freedom!. I hope your look in networks go well and that you find the right network for you. =)

Apdo

Reaction score
There are bunch of other networks with higher revenue share, theres nothing proprietary about what freedom offer. You can ask Curse, Cnation, Kensho or even Acifin and they all will likely give better offer

Reactions: V3XL0R and RBG

kankyo11

△ NooBie ♎ Neko ♏
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
1. You should know what is Network?
2. Network will help you grow? I said "No" before you grow your channel with you ways.
3. Thier Benefits for You?