January Revenue is lower than usual!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey

For those 'new to the game' - Unfortunately January Revenue is lower than usual.

Some of us enjoyed a good run up until Christmas but Ad revenue now takes a step back in January.

I myself have seen Ad impressions drop from 50% to 40% (So far - it will get worse)
And Impression RPM drop 24% (So far - it will get worse)

Even with the same number of views this month I would expect overall monthly income to halve.

Ouch

Lavinia Music

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I only get about a pound or two a month at the moment but this must suck for those who do it full time. All that inconsistency.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
this must suck for those who do it full time. All that inconsistency.
This is why I would never consider going 'Full Time' Or at least not until I was making over £10k a month to cover any dips.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Wait.. Isn't it only the SECOND day of January? and isnt today the first non-holiday of the month (where I live, the day hasn't even started yet) ?!
Seems a bit premature to make a proclamation such as this.

Reactions: nad

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All true. Anyone in the game doing it full time knows January is when you take your holidays. Advertisers don't spend because consumers have spent all their money in the lead up to christmas and are probably now on holidays somewhere or at home flat broke.

Reactions: KatyAdelson and EVO

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wait.. Isn't it only the SECOND day of January? and isnt today the first non-holiday of the month (where I live, the day hasn't even started yet) ?!
Seems a bit premature to make a proclamation such as this.
This is not the first January I have been a creator. Its the same every year. Year after year.[DOUBLEPOST=1514910620,1514910578][/DOUBLEPOST]
All true. Anyone in the game doing it full time knows January is when you take your holidays. Advertisers don't spend because consumers have spent all their money in the lead up to christmas and are probably now on holidays somewhere or at home flat broke.
This.

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Agreed, the reported numbers are not a pretty sight today.........

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah, January revenue is usually the lowest for me. April, July, and October also aren't too great, but I've noticed that the revenue generally get a bit better as the year progresses. (But maybe that's partly because of channel growth lol. :p )

In general, I don't think YouTube revenue is very reliable. You never know when another Adpocalypse will hit. :O

Reactions: Game_Walkthroughs

KudoJin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Well, I'd always heard that YouTube revenue was inconsistent at best but.... wow I didn't know that drops could be that big.