I've mentioned that a youtuber has been harrassing me

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
..........................? What? Yes it does matter
I had to bite my tongue every time I read "call the police" or "online stalking is illegal", etc. Great advice in theory, bad advice in reality. A lot of people just don't know how law enforcement works. Or, rather doesn't work, compared to the television version of law enforcement everyone's familiar with. When you say, "Someone on Facebook is stalking me" a cop hears, "Someone on Facebook is picking on me". Terms like "cyber stalking" rank right up there with "road rage" as being media coined terms and political buzzwords. They have no legal definition in a law enforcement capacity. The one about "call the police in the other country"... I liked that one...I just kept picturing, "Hello, England... I want to talk to someone in charge!". Finding out exactly where the person lives to an exact enough degree to be able to contact the authorities local to them... yet maintaining cyber stalking is wrong... so much irony.

Reactions: iMSaiyan

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The plot thickens. She has messaged me a few times. She has said the whole reason she is doing this is because of the forum I am on (I'm not really an active member) . She has also admitted to contacting my boyfriend but has said she has done pretty much none of the other stuff. She claims its members of another site (a very hateful image board similar to 4chan but designed to slander youtube, twitter and instagram celebrities anonymously) is actually behind the majority and the reason she contacted my partner is because she thinks the site I am on is too related (a lot of the same users) to the image board. She has also pointed out that these people fake her a lot to create fake rumours and drama because they are bored. I'm still skeptical as I think it's weird to search out and contact a fan like this. However I looked into it and saw people were calling each other "Cristy" and even debating over whether or not my name should have an "H". Someone even said to someone else it's easy to find information on "Cristy S___n" to try and show they know my last name. I've had a "third party is stirring the pot vibe" for a few days no so hopefully that means she's a little less weird. People are weird. I'm just going to look away and pretend it didn't happen :D. I might still make a video about it. Not her specifically but about rumours and getting too invested in them.

tl;dr? People seem to be trying to stir the drama and I'm just logging off from it :D

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Better to ignore. If continue best is to talk with somebody who have experience in that. Be careful. Wish you luck

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The plot thickens. She has messaged me a few times. She has said the whole reason she is doing this is because of the forum I am on (I'm not really an active member) . She has also admitted to contacting my boyfriend but has said she has done pretty much none of the other stuff. She claims its members of another site (a very hateful image board similar to 4chan but designed to slander youtube, twitter and instagram celebrities anonymously) is actually behind the majority and the reason she contacted my partner is because she thinks the site I am on is too related (a lot of the same users) to the image board. She has also pointed out that these people fake her a lot to create fake rumours and drama because they are bored. I'm still skeptical as I think it's weird to search out and contact a fan like this. However I looked into it and saw people were calling each other "Cristy" and even debating over whether or not my name should have an "H". Someone even said to someone else it's easy to find information on "Cristy S___n" to try and show they know my last name. I've had a "third party is stirring the pot vibe" for a few days no so hopefully that means she's a little less weird. People are weird. I'm just going to look away and pretend it didn't happen :D. I might still make a video about it. Not her specifically but about rumours and getting too invested in them.

tl;dr? People seem to be trying to stir the drama and I'm just logging off from it :D
If you make a video about rumors or w/e in general, they're not dumb - I'm sure they're going to know you're talking about them... just don't come back and complain if that video makes it worse.

Tabbes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Got some crazy people online, they love digging deep for that info.
If you make a video about that, there are other people that would be curious to try as well to find your information. Better to not address it at all.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Going to have to agree with @iMSaiyan on this one.. the authorities will laugh at you. They have bigger fish to fry than some girl getting hate messages from someone in another country. I'm not trying to negate that what is happening sucks, because it does. Just learn to ignore it. Block her the best you can. The only way the police will do anything is if it is to believe your safety is in immediate danger.

Reactions: iMSaiyan

EleniVTV

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Comedian
I maintain that you block and report her. Report her to YouTube and any other social media. You may not be able to report her to your local authorities but you can report her to her local authorities if necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was wondering what you guys would think of this. I am contemplating making a video to address the situation But I am also worried as well. The youtuber found my personal facebook, hunted through it and contacted my partner about me stalking her. It's just getting too far.

So I have;
Option a) put all my evidence into a video on youtube and hope she backs down
Option b) Ignore it and hope it goes away

What would you do? If it was you and you decided to do a video how would you go about it? It's just been scary.
If I was in your position I wouldn't waste my time making a video to be honest. The best thing to do is ignore the girl and hopefully she gets bored. Has your partner blocked the girl yet?

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
..........................? What? Yes it does matter, ever hear something called jurisdiction? even beyond that, no one gives a flying f*ck what someone does or says in ANOTHER country, unless that person is a high alert serial killer and even then, they'd have to go through paperwork to be able to extradite that person to the state they were charged. Bruh, your advice - so bad.
Jurisdiction is irrelevant, considering I suggested she get ADVICE from the law enforcement, not to contact them to make a formal complaint or to take action, there is a difference. Talking about "states" I can only assume you're from the US; Aussie law enforcement are held to a higher standard than American law enforcement. They might not be able to do anything but they can sure as s**t provide some better advice than anyone in this thread or forum alone. "Ignoring" them is dangerous & flat out stupid advice plain and simple, so think about what you're advising people before saying someone else's is bad, bruh.

King Christo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do stuff in the shadows. All they want is attention. Get the authorites involved Id say if something is happening irl. If not, block them on all websites and ignore them. Maybe report them on youtube too, but DO NOT make a video on them. That is just what they want.