I've mentioned that a youtuber has been harrassing me

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I say don't make it. My new question is how well do yall think a video calling a stalker out on youtube, especially another youtuber would do? You see like idubbz and defranco making big numbers on the back of youtube scandals. It seems alot of people are drawn to the drama. If this is a bigger youtuber attacking a smaller one would the backlash from their followers be worth the increase in views/new subs that would come with the online drama? What if it is vice versa? Im gonna paste this into a new thread.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Stalkers love attention, any kind - making a video will just make him go at it harder.

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think you should make a video sometimes that just adds fuel to the fire. If this is a serious as it sounds you should collect all the evidence of the person harassing you and file an actual police report. Do it before something serious happens, stalking is no joke and can be pushed way past the limits.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Contact your local authority and seek advice or aid from there. Doesn't matter if they're in another country or not.

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just to update, the person has sent me a lot of voice messages in japanese on facebook and a few drunk english messages saying she is at a party and she doesn't spend time on the internet hating people (even though she has been). Apparently this is all because of a forum I'm on. I said something a long the lines of "If her japanese has errors then it's normal as it's not her native tongue." She took that as me insulting her japanese. She sent me a photo of her computer screen with some event list that I'm part of. And sent me walls of chat saying that she wants me to delete my profiles offline. I assume for the forum and my youtube. Then someone posted my name as "Cristy S___N" on an anonymous gossip site (like 4chan). A whole lot more weirder things have been going on as well. I am thoroughly convinced this girl is just trying to mess with me. I am going to try to let it die down.

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
...but she'll take the time out of her real life at a party to inform you she hates you... via the internet...gotta love the irony. As scary as it is, having someone pop up in every corner of the internet spreading their hate and discontent against you, letting it die on it's own is the better of the available choices. Especially as your popularity grows, more people like her will spring up trying to rain on your parade. Think of how often this happens to all the really big YouTube stars, or even movie stars. To keep your fears from getting the better of you, try thinking of it as a growing experience, what has this girl done and what can you do in the future to further protect yourself when it happens again.

...maybe even post in the "When Have You Made It" thread... I think having an interloper like that should qualify!

Keep a stiff upper lip... this too shall pass ;)

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
It seems unanimous that you shouldn't make a video about it but I find it so puzzling that someone with such a big channel would care at all about one so small that they'd spend so much time bothering you. I hope you get it sorted out.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Contact your local authority and seek advice or aid from there. Doesn't matter if they're in another country or not.
..........................? What? Yes it does matter, ever hear something called jurisdiction? even beyond that, no one gives a flying f*ck what someone does or says in ANOTHER country, unless that person is a high alert serial killer and even then, they'd have to go through paperwork to be able to extradite that person to the state they were charged. Bruh, your advice - so bad.[DOUBLEPOST=1489065800,1489065729][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just to update, the person has sent me a lot of voice messages in japanese on facebook and a few drunk english messages saying she is at a party and she doesn't spend time on the internet hating people (even though she has been). Apparently this is all because of a forum I'm on. I said something a long the lines of "If her japanese has errors then it's normal as it's not her native tongue." She took that as me insulting her japanese. She sent me a photo of her computer screen with some event list that I'm part of. And sent me walls of chat saying that she wants me to delete my profiles offline. I assume for the forum and my youtube. Then someone posted my name as "Cristy S___N" on an anonymous gossip site (like 4chan). A whole lot more weirder things have been going on as well. I am thoroughly convinced this girl is just trying to mess with me. I am going to try to let it die down.
I'd just ignore them COMPLETELY - and they will get bored of you. This person may have some type of mental problem so best to just ignore as best as you can.

Reactions: Brandon