I've got a questions about VIEWS!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys!

So i wanted to run this by you all..

I notice that if I comment on videos, i get more views. But whats strange is that if people go on my channel after seeing my comment on another person's video, then my featured video which automatically plays when people come on my channel will have the most views. right? But.. it doesn't get the most views on any given day.. So I don't know if that is a waste of time or what. I guess this proves that commenting on peoples channels is not driving them to my channel. But commenting is the only time i get 100s of views a day. Otherwise I'd get like 100 views a week.

I've been doing youtube for 7 months now. And I know that commenting on other peoples channel is the only thing that has worked. I'm not spamming anyone either. I leave real geniune comments after watching videos and don't leave links either. I say nice things about the videos, i answer their questions if they've asked one in the video and also give them ideas on what video they should make next.

But I don't know whyyyy this gives me views because, when I log out and go back to the video on which I commented on...the comment is almost always not even there... This is so strange! Please help me. :)

-AJ

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Sometimes YouTube filter up the comments, so the owner of the video must approve the comment to make it visible.
I think this must be the case!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes YouTube filter up the comments, so the owner of the video must approve the comment to make it visible.
I think this must be the case!
Hey!

First, thank you for your response man. I hope you've been doing well. Yeah this might be the case! I wish I knew a sure way to get view because then I would just do that all day!

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You should check out your analytics and look at the source of your views. Maybe your views arent coming from the commenting. Maybe there are people finding your videos through search or suggested videos instead. Or maybe it is from comments.

Ive noticed the featured video on my channel home page does not gain additional views either. I dont think it auto plays on tablets and mobile so maybe thats why. Or maybe people arent visiting my channel home page much.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should check out your analytics and look at the source of your views. Maybe your views arent coming from the commenting. Maybe there are people finding your videos through search or suggested videos instead. Or maybe it is from comments.

Ive noticed the featured video on my channel home page does not gain additional views either. I dont think it auto plays on tablets and mobile so maybe thats why. Or maybe people arent visiting my channel home page much.

Thanks! I appreciate your feedback.

So here are the #1s

#1 Playback location = Youtube Watch Page
#1 Device = Mobile Phone

So it looks like people are going to my channel. The featured video is not playing. However, they are looking at the other videos they see and are watching those.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Does the featured video play on mobile devices automatically? Perhaps that's what's happening, or maybe people are clicking through to your Videos section right away?

Also, your Featured video is set for subscribers and non-subscribers, yes?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does the featured video play on mobile devices automatically? Perhaps that's what's happening, or maybe people are clicking through to your Videos section right away?

Also, your Featured video is set for subscribers and non-subscribers, yes?

I thank you so much for leaving a comment here. Appreciate it :D

I tried on an iPad as new visitor to my channel and it did not play the featured video.

The featured video only plays when non-subs show up (i guess on the computer only..)

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's interesting because I've found that it has been the opposite in my case. Whenever I'm commenting on other people's channels, the video that gets the most views is my channel trailer due to click throughs. Not sure if that is a good thing or not though because from my understanding, it can mess up retention time if they leave right away. If i'm wrong could someone tell me please

EDIT: But I did notice though that your channel trailer has a lot more views than mine does (2.1k compared to 600) so maybe YouTube has an algorithm that yours needs to be watched for longer before it is counted as a view? I'm not sure though, just randomly brainstorming here

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's interesting because I've found that it has been the opposite in my case. Whenever I'm commenting on other people's channels, the video that gets the most views is my channel trailer due to click throughs. Not sure if that is a good thing or not though because from my understanding, it can mess up retention time if they leave right away. If i'm wrong could someone tell me please

EDIT: But I did notice though that your channel trailer has a lot more views than mine does (2.1k compared to 600) so maybe YouTube has an algorithm that yours needs to be watched for longer before it is counted as a view? I'm not sure though, just randomly brainstorming here

Hi Chris!

I appreciate ur input man. Interesting. I know that the reason my current featured video has a total greater view count than some of my newer videos is because its been around longer. However, my newer videos get get more daily views than the featured video.

You have an interesting point though..