Ive collabed with smalleer tubers, how would i approach larger tubers?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, contrary to what others have said, yesterday we met up with another channel who came down to visit us, spent the afternoon with the kids playing at the park (while we chatted Yt) then went to Hungry Jacks (Burger King). I made a quick video, put it up, redirected the 5 cards in the video to their channel, and put in some "pls sub to our friends" links in desc+comments. They have about 1500 subs, we have almost 900k.
I think there's no such thing as I'm too big you're too small crap - we're all people, and if someone is nice and genuine, you can be nice and genuine back.
They also gave our kids a nice craft gift set. Thanks Cooliits TV.
You can check out that video here - that's how I prefer to think of collabs: youtube.com/watch?v=RgHjCjjZA-8

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Well, contrary to what others have said, yesterday we met up with another channel who came down to visit us, spent the afternoon with the kids playing at the park (while we chatted Yt) then went to Hungry Jacks (Burger King). I made a quick video, put it up, redirected the 5 cards in the video to their channel, and put in some "pls sub to our friends" links in desc+comments. They have about 1500 subs, we have almost 900k.
I think there's no such thing as I'm too big you're too small crap - we're all people, and if someone is nice and genuine, you can be nice and genuine back.
You can check out that video here - that's how I prefer to think of collabs: youtube.com/watch?v=RgHjCjjZA-8
that sounds fantastic :D

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think this is amazing! How fun and how awesome!

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The only way it would happen is if you already knew them in person, or if they approached you (if you met a specific need for their content).

Now, there are lots of big YouTubers who are willing to do a quick bit of video if you run into them in public or at VidCon, if they aren't too busy or weirded out by you. Like a quick intro or hello bit, or even a comedy bit if it's quick.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It is wonderful to see channel of your size helping small creators to keep moving forward.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just reach out dude:) Collabs is one of the very best ways to grow a channel:up2: I contacted a 80.000 sub channel in the same niche as mine and i was lucky enough to get a video featured and it gained me a lot of subs.. The worst thing that could happen is that you dont get an answer back:) So just go for it:)

Cooliits HR

Reaction score
Thanks for spending time with guys KTR! I was thinking about meeting them at first. We're just visiting my family and didn't know that they lived near the area so I decided to ask them for a meet up. We had a blast. So again it all depends on the person/channel. Similar minds attract each other and get along. It's human nature.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Impress them with your videos, befriend them and then wait for them to invite you. That's the only way. I'm sure big channels get hit with dozens of requests a day for all kinds of stuff and just ignore it all

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Interesting thread, I haven't tried collabing with anyone yet myself, but I would try and target similar sized youtubers I expect.

P.S. Nice Channel by the way OP we seem to do similar 'ish' types of games, Airport CEO looks like fun, have subbed but might have to get that game and give it a go :-D