I've been gone for a year, but what do you think of my channel so far?

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
What about my channel do you like? I want to know if I am doing at least some things right. If I should continue on the same path.

What can I improve on? I know probably my equipment. My sound has a little bit of a muffled echo quality to it I know, and my camera quality is a little hazy I think. My branding- while not so "professional" looking I think shows my personality! What do you think? My thumbnails aren't the best :(

I lost my camera so that is why I have been gone for so long, but once I get it back (or get a new one) I'll be back! I just wanna come back knowing more than I did! Help please? :)

For starters your sound is ok, and I love your channel banner! Your thumbnails aren't that consistent though with you continually changing up the font and overall look of them, individually though they don't look bad, just make sure that the text on them is easily readable when they're small. You should also put out some other single playlists on your homepage, above the created playlists section.

As for your camera, why not prop your phone up on a phone stand, or on a small tripod with a phone holder attached to it, and record from that. As long as it's 720p or higher and the audio sounds good, then you're good to go (the audio sounding right is more important).

For starters your sound is ok, and I love your channel banner! Your thumbnails aren't that consistent though with you continually changing up the font and overall look of them, individually though they don't look bad, just make sure that the text on them is easily readable when they're small. You should also put out some other single playlists on your homepage, above the created playlists section.

As for your camera, why not prop your phone up on a phone stand, or on a small tripod with a phone holder attached to it, and record from that. As long as it's 720p or higher and the audio sounds good, then you're good to go (the audio sounding right is more important).
Thanks for taking the time to check me out! :)

Yeah. I do have a thumbnail problem. I just don't have consistent ones because I don't really have any series except for the music ones and the "cristylyzing" videos and they are about different things so I made them look different. I'm so confused. Like, how do I make my thumbnails more consistent? Any pointers, maybe? :p
and I'm not sure what you mean about the playlists. Sorry if I'm a dumb dumb haha

Thanks for taking the time to check me out! :)

Yeah. I do have a thumbnail problem. I just don't have consistent ones because I don't really have any series except for the music ones and the "cristylyzing" videos and they are about different things so I made them look different. I'm so confused. Like, how do I make my thumbnails more consistent? Any pointers, maybe? :p
and I'm not sure what you mean about the playlists. Sorry if I'm a dumb dumb haha

You're welcome, I would recommend picking a font and sticking with it, but other than that's it's really up to you how you want to make your thumbnails consistent, for example I've got the same layout for each of my thumbnails (other than the ones that I haven't updated since I moved to a may design).

As for the playlists I mean going to your channel homepage -> customize channel -> add a section (at the bottom) -> under "content" choose "single playlist" -> click on "find playlist..." and choose your playlist.

You're welcome, I would recommend picking a font and sticking with it, but other than that's it's really up to you how you want to make your thumbnails consistent, for example I've got the same layout for each of my thumbnails (other than the ones that I haven't updated since I moved to a may design).

As for the playlists I mean going to your channel homepage -> customize channel -> add a section (at the bottom) -> under "content" choose "single playlist" -> click on "find playlist..." and choose your playlist.
Thank you again for taking the time! I will think about how to clean things up! :)

Hey Cristy!

I think you're definitely on the right track, the thumbnails are creative and catchy and you seem to really enjoy doing videos. Also, lighting and camera quality is good.

A couple of advice for you:

- Try to accelerate the pace of your videos, try to speak faster for example you can also use the jumpcut approach between blanks when you talk, that will give the video a small boost in pace.
- Avoid black screen transitions, you can just jumpcut, you don't want a single second where the viewer could be bored and click away
- Asking to subscribe in the intro of your videos could be counterproductive, I would emphasize it more at the end.
- I would change some fonts in your banner as the yellow on blue can be hard to read.

Cheers!

Back