I've been accepted back into the YPP! (You CAN use royalty free music, but...)

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My best performing channel (Porky = 158k subs, 55M views) was kicked from the YPP on January. I reapplied February 15th and was accepted this morning.

I was kicked because of reuse. I think it was because some of my videos used my own visuals (mainly stop motion) but with royalty free music and no other sound effects. Then people can theoretically go to my channel to just listen to music that I didn't make. So I deleted these videos and kept ones where:
* I made 100% of the visuals.
* I used royalty free music.
AND
* I added in my voice, other people's voices I licenced and other sound effects.

Got this email this morning:
Congratulations -- your YouTube channel, Porky, has been accepted into the YouTube Partner Program and is now able to monetize on YouTube!

Thanks everyone for your support and advice.

MindYourGames

Reaction score
My best performing channel (Porky = 158k subs, 55M views) was kicked from the YPP on January. I reapplied February 15th and was accepted this morning.

I was kicked because of reuse. I think it was because some of my videos used my own visuals (mainly stop motion) but with royalty free music and no other sound effects. Then people can theoretically go to my channel to just listen to music that I didn't make. So I deleted these videos and kept ones where:
* I made 100% of the visuals.
* I used royalty free music.
AND
* I added in my voice, other people's voices I licenced and other sound effects.

Got this email this morning:
Congratulations -- your YouTube channel, Porky, has been accepted into the YouTube Partner Program and is now able to monetize on YouTube!

Thanks everyone for your support and advice.
Your channel has been demonetized by reused content?

hasanpasir88

Reaction score
congtaz!!!

How many videos you have to delete. i see now you hve 10 videos

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your channel has been demonetized by reused content?
The reason I was demonetised was reused content. I think it was because I used royalty free songs without other audio in some of my videos.

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
congtaz!!!

How many videos you have to delete. i see now you hve 10 videos
Thanks!

I had to delete half. I now only have 5 (for some reason it's still saying 10, but that's wrong). Luckily the ones I had to delete didn't have as many views: about 3 to 4 million I think, whereas the ones I kept had over 50. I got lucky in that respect.

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's awesome,, seems like having commentary really helps a lot!
Thanks! Yes, commentary, or just some words and sound effects on my case, did the trick I think.

For anyone wondering, it took about 5 weeks for the approval. Add that to the 4 weeks I had to wait before I could reapply and it was around 9 weeks without monetisation.

babysongsme

Reaction score
Hello. My channel was demonetized and i'm still trying to get back into YTPP. I got rejected for two times now. Have to re-apply in 30 days. Is there anything you can help me with resolving the issue? Can i post my channel link here so that people can have a look at my contents and what could be the problem?

This is the latest email i got from Youtube internal team review:

"As a participant in the YouTube Partner Program, you must meet several content quality guidelines. We’ve included some examples of content that don’t meet these standards, because it’s seen as Repetitious content. This is content that appears mass-produced in order to increase views without adding significant educational or other value.

Examples include:
  • Synthetic voice reads third-party content or nonsensical content
  • Content on a channel with minimal changes from video to video
  • Repetitive or mindless content with no additional educational value commentary or narrative
  • Content that’s been mass produced or generated programmatically
  • Image slideshows or scrolling text with minimal or no additional narrative, commentary, or educational value"
I deleted most of my videos that could be similiar to each other (like finger family songs and others). Each video is different to each other by its contents but still it's seen as repetitious.

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello. My channel was demonetized and i'm still trying to get back into YTPP. I got rejected for two times now. Have to re-apply in 30 days. Is there anything you can help me with resolving the issue? Can i post my channel link here so that people can have a look at my contents and what could be the problem?

This is the latest email i got from Youtube internal team review:

"As a participant in the YouTube Partner Program, you must meet several content quality guidelines. We’ve included some examples of content that don’t meet these standards, because it’s seen as Repetitious content. This is content that appears mass-produced in order to increase views without adding significant educational or other value.

Examples include:
  • Synthetic voice reads third-party content or nonsensical content
  • Content on a channel with minimal changes from video to video
  • Repetitive or mindless content with no additional educational value commentary or narrative
  • Content that’s been mass produced or generated programmatically
  • Image slideshows or scrolling text with minimal or no additional narrative, commentary, or educational value"
I deleted most of my videos that could be similiar to each other (like finger family songs and others). Each video is different to each other by its contents but still it's seen as repetitious.
I'm sorry that you're having a tough time with it, I know it can be frustrating!

I can't see your channel, but I have a suggestion: make a face cam video of you talking about the effort you put into your videos and your process. This has worked for me twice as well as another kids channel I know. Title the video something like: YouTube reviewers please watch.

I think putting a face and explanation to your videos really helps. Best wishes.

Reactions: babysongsme

babysongsme

Reaction score
Hi there. My channel is
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSNFOAWros08VkHjBM4i3mA